Epilogue: The Bakery at the end of the street.

Start bij het begin

"That despite how you look you're kind of a br-."

Before he could finish Stella swung at him but missed as he managed to duck, "How dare you. I'm a delicate lady."

Even El sniggered at her comment forcing Stella to bear her frustrations as while Arnold was fair game she couldn't hurt El.

They continued their work organising their small business until the chime of the entrance rang causing all three to look up in unison. As one they leant their bodies to peek through the one way mirror of the back room. It was unusual for customers to come in so close to closing. The two arrivals were new and rather unique in their features. The most distinguishing part of them, their green and purple hair.

Stella's mouth gaped open and frozen she dropped her bag of coins to the table.

"Hey careful," Arnold snapped back only to see his sister's expression. "Umm are you okay?"

"She's beautiful," Stella spoke openly. "Oh my god, my heart! I've never felt this before."

"Wait what?" both Arnold and El looked at her shocked. Their sister had never shown interest in anyone before. With a push from El, Arnold was forced to question her, "Which one?"

"The one with the purple hair," Stella spoke as if mystified. "She's... I can't explain it. I'm just- like wow."

Arnold raised his brow, "I mean yeah she's pretty but I think the green head is nicer."

"No way!" Stella shot back only to realise where her priorities should have been. "Ah they might leave!" She slapped her hat back on and neatly tucked her whitening hair inside before neatly patting her dress. "H-how do I look?"

"Are you seriously trying this?" her brother was not impressed.

"Just answer me!"

El held up her board, "You look lovely." She put it down and scribbled again, "Make sure they buy lots."

"Will do!" Stella saluted her and taking a deep breath poised herself before leaving the back room. Though she seemed calm on the outside her heart was an anxious mess. The chatter of two customers prickled in her ear as she instinctively focused on it. The smooth voice of the purple haired girl sending a foreign tingle in her stomach.

"Himila stop sniffing, it's strange," the purple haired girl reprimanded her older looking friend.

"I can't help it, this smell is so familiar!" Himila aimed herself at the glass counter which blocked the few remaining pastries within.

"Umm can I help you?" Stella asked perturbed by the strange women. The green haired Himila seemed to be in her late twenties whereas the girl beside her on the opposite end. The dynamic between them however was clear with the younger one in charge.

"I'm sorry about he-," the purple haired girl turned to face her properly for the first time and upon seeing Stella froze.

The strength of her stare was more intense than Stella expected causing her to fidget self-consciously, "I-Is something wrong"

"S-sorry," she snapped back awake. "Nothing's wrong. I'm Lav, do you run this bakery?"

"Y-yes," Stella unconsciously smiled at having heard her name. "I'm Stella. My siblings and I own this place, though we're still paying off the last bits. From the looks of you two, you must be sweepers right?"