'Hey.', he said, sending a faint smile my way.

'What happened?', I said in not more than a whisper.

'I am okay.', he said, assuring me when I gave him a suspicious look.

'I just fell down the porch's stairs, honey. I am really fine.', he reassured me.

Guess I know where I got my clumsiness from.

The thought occurred, making a smile spread across my face. I was glad he was okay and that we were having a proper, coherent conversation. We haven't done that in forever. He was never sober enough for that.

I was ready to flip over a new page with him. I had hated him blindly all this time when he was protecting me, but not anymore.

'Now that's the smile I like to see.', he said cheerfully.

A bang of guilt then struck me, making my smile fade.

I was an emotional wreck.

'I am sorry, Dad. I love you.', I said, leaning down to hug him.

'I love you too.'

After two hours of chattering away, he got discharged as his injury was no longer critical. I accompanied him home and told him about Noah's party on the way, of which I knew about from Sophie's text.

Noah was Zack's best friend. So, I was going with a hidden agenda of seeing Zack. At least, I had hoped he would be there.

I wanted to apologize, but the party was still days away. So, after mustering my courage, I tried calling him.

The line rang, but he didn't answer.

My heart raced furiously in fear.

Did I really lose you, Zack?

The next few days were hellish. I would go on the whole day on an apple or a biscuit since I had no appetite and would cry myself to sleep at night when I found no new messages from him.

The thought of losing Zack drove me crazy. I had grown so accustomed to his presence that I couldn't imagine a life without him. Because I had experienced his warmth, I felt empty.

I realized once again how much he meant to me.

This is my fault.

Seeing him from a distance at college was the hardest. He felt so close, I could almost touch him, yet so far away. I was in a daze the entire time as the pain was too heavy to carry.

Can't you just forgive me, Zack?

I miss you.

That was all I thought about once he entered my vision.

I wanted to speak to him; to tell him I am sorry.

By the time of the party, I had made the resolve to do just that. I was terrified of doing it, but I was even more terrified of losing him. I wasn't planning to let fear get in my way again.

I felt my anxiety lighten up at the thought of hearing his voice again. I missed the way he called out my name and the way he would talk enthusiastically when it came to the things he liked. I missed looking into his beautiful hazel eyes and seeing that radiant, goofy smile.

I got dressed into a black, short fitted dress, which opened into a V-neck, and a black leather jacket on top.

Dressing fancy felt like protection to me; as if it would protect me from getting hurt if Zack were to reject me, which he had every right to.

I tried hiding my dark under-eye circles with makeup but to no avail. So, I gave up on that and started curling my hair to look presentable.

I wasn't looking my best, but I didn't care. All I did care about was Zack, who was standing by the drinks' table when I had arrived.

As soon as out eyes met, I felt all sorts of mixed feelings; regret, excitement and most of all guilt.

His eyes looked sad.

I did this.

I couldn't help but look away before my eyes turned into waterfalls.

I have to say it.

I reminded myself as I took reluctant steps towards him.

When I was in front of him, I couldn't bring myself to meet his gaze. I felt it would be shameless of me. I didn't deserve it.

I had thought, but my body had a different plan.

I found myself reaching out to hug him and the words overflowed out of my mouth before I could stop them.

'I miss you.', I said, followed by a sob.

It was impossible to hold my tears back at that point.

'I am sorry. I need you.'

He then finally spoke. How I have missed his voice.

'I can't be someone you need for your convenience, Rachel.', he said harshly, but I could take it.

He then wrapped his arms around my waist, burying his face in the crook of my neck.

'Let's go.', he then said, his voice muffled as it vibrated onto my neck.

I didn't bother to ask and followed.

We went upstairs and entered a room.

'Is it okay to be here?', I asked.

Instead of answering, he took steps forward, his lean body getting closer to mine.

My eyes met the ground. I couldn't look at him because of my heart beating maniacally.

He then held my chin gently, raising my face to meet his hazel orbs that I have longed for.

I felt my neck hair stand as goosebumps ran all over my body.

'Zack.', I whispered.

'Rachel.'

That was the last thing he said before he slammed his lips onto mine.

He moved his lips actively against mine and I couldn't resist anymore.

I wrapped my arms around his waist as I kissed him back.

I then traced his spine with my fingertips, feeling his body shiver against mine.

I smirked against his lips.

He then lifted me up, deepening the kiss, as I wrapped my legs around him.

He didn't stop at that, though. I didn't want him to stop.

He eased me onto the bed with him on top.

'I love you.', he said, lowering himself to hug me.

It was a euphoric feeling. Those three words meant the world to me when it came from him.

'I love you so much you have no idea.', I said, holding him tightly as if he would disappear if I let go.

He then lifted his head and stared into my eyes for the longest time.

A tear then dripped onto my face.

He was crying.

'I am sorry.', I whispered, on the verge of tears, as I stroked his cheek with my thumb.

He said nothing and instead, kissed my lips passionately.

He then broke our kiss only to take off his shirt and I held my breath. He looked gorgeous with his brown hair all messy and his hazel eyes dark.

That was more than enough to turn my switch on. I couldn't just keep myself contained under him. I couldn't withhold these immense feelings I felt for him.

So, I flipped us over, making myself on top and leaned down kissing his lips with so much pressure that I felt my lips turn white.

He pulled me by the waist closer, molding our bodies and lips together.

We became one as we shared each other's warmth all night.

-----End Of Chapter 14-----

What did you guys think of this chapter? Would love to hear your thoughts in the comments! Thank you so much for reading! I really appreciate you guys!! Don't forget to vote and have a great day/night!!