Chapter 71

Sage's POV:
Hallie tugged on the sleeve of Fred's jumper that I was wearing.
"What?" I asked
Hallie gestured toward Karl who was walking down the hall with his little buddies. It didn't help the situation that Hallie was wearing one of George's jumpers either. It was obvious Karl was upset.

My eyes were traumatized as I made eye contact with Malfoy. I wanted to ask for bleach. Hallie grabbed my arm and started walking the opposite direction.
"Hallie!" Draco called
Hallie started walking slightly faster as he reached for her.

Hallie turned around crossing her arms "What?" She snapped
"Christ, I'm just trying to be nice." Draco cooed
It was gross hearing him talk in some sort of innocent tone. I knew Hallie could handle herself so I was already resigned to letting things play out until they got out of hand.

All of Draco's friends gathered behind him, including Karl who looked quite upset.
"I'm surprised, you look quite lovely today." He smiled
What is happening?
"How kind if you to say." Hallie rolled her eyes
She grabbed my arm and turned to walk away.
"Wait! You're dating that weaselbee aren't you?"

Hallie and I froze, turning around to face him again.
"Yes I am."
Draco hummed in response, raising his eyebrows.
"Cat got your tongue? Spit it out Draco." Hallie snapped

"I'm just surprised you would lower your standards to a poor family like theirs after having such strong feelings for me." Draco smirked
I could feel anger rising to my cheeks, I hated people talking about them like that. They've been through so much persecution and for what? People can be so cruel.

"You leave their family out of this." I stepped up jabbing a finger into his chest
Hallie pulled me back. I could feel my cheeks burning.
"Go on, break up with that Weaselbee and hook up with me, if you don't like that option, he doesn't have to know."
I wanted to claw that smirk off his face. Hallie simply walked off angrily dragging me with her. I wanted to go back and beat his arse.

"I hate him." Hallie sighed once we had made it back to our dorm
"As do I." I hissed through gritted teeth
"I cannot believe Karl just stood there. Sure I'm dating his friend but he just allowed Draco to say all those things." Hallie shook her head
"Maybe it is best that you and George are dating."

-

The twins had decided to throw some type of party tonight. I don't know why, but it wasn't the first time. Usually neither me or Hallie go to these parties. Too much anxiety for something that isn't really that fun and too much hassle to get dressed up and sneak over to the Gryffindor common room.

Somehow, the twins had convinced us to go to this one. And they made the dress code pretty clear, party formal. So here I was dragging out my short, spaghetti strap, low neck dress that showed too much cleavage out of the back of my closet.

I decided to pull half my hair up and let the rest fall around my shoulders and I added a high neck pearl necklace. I put on some black tights that had small rhinestones on them that I had glued on there when I got bored of them and some combat boots for shoes. I kind of looked emo.

"I heard there are going to be some Slytherins there." Hallie spoke
She was standing in the sink area fixing her hair and putting on a pair of earrings. She always managed to look so effortlessly perfect, I had always struggled with feeling insecure compared to her.

"Claudia, Draco, Karl, Crabbe, Goyle, or Pepper better not be there." I sighed laying back on my bed
Hallie let out a laugh "I guess we don't have a very good history with Slytherin, but hey there's Finn, MC, Axel, Suki, Drew, and Violet."

Hallie walked out of the bathroom in a almost fully sage green outfit. She had paired a sage green corset top with a white mini skirt and her sage green converse. She had a choker on that had small green crystals on it with a sun moon charm. Her hair pulled back into two low ponytails.