|60| God rest ye merry Gentlemen

Start from the beginning

"Jeon Jungkook! What a pleasant surprise you came right to us, just as Detective Kim promised." A sharp feminine voice cut through.

The Devil lift his gaze from the mortal before him to the woman standing over the platform.

Her appearance was well kept, dressed in slacks and a plain white shirt, it sharpened her features. Her gaze pinpointing and fierce with her black hair reaching just upto her ears.

The woman reminded Jungkook of a certain someone he may have once been very fond of.

"And who... might you be?" He straightens up  hands shoved into his pockets.

She given a faint tight lipped smile.
"Bureau of Security Division and International affairs." She pauses, peering down through her lashes. "We have few questions to ask you."

Jungkook raises one smooth eyebrow, full of interest.

Bureau of Security Divsion and International affairs?

"I'll be seeing you inside, Mr. Jeon." The woman curtly announces before walking off.

His smile widens.

Oh, it had certainly been few decades since he last heard the name.

The Devil glances over to meet the Detective's icy gaze, face devoid of any expression– a truly, structured professional mask but Jungkook could sense the way the mortal's heart races, the blood gushing in his veins, his pupils shaking almost imperceptibly.

"I've got away from the wrath of my Father... this doesn't compare, Detective Kim." He assures with a smile on his lips.

Taehyung doesn't reply to it, but softly exhales, the tension in his shoulders lifting off.

"Let's go." He speaks, walking ahead towards athe entrance of the Department.

***********

"I know you well."

Jungkook smiles at the woman seated before him. He leans back into his chair, arms crossed over his chest "do you?"

The woman picks up the file from the desk and leisurely flips through the pages, unconvinced and bored.

"Jeon Jungkook, age 31, born and brought up in Canada, your parents died shortly after you went to College, your father came from old money and hence had left you a fortune, from which you dabbled in and out of businesses, turning to one thing to other and you managed to secure a firm position in the industry, really, a crafty businessman and the CEO of the international club Sinner—" The woman paused to smile, a whisper of scoff leaving her lips.

Jungkook hummed to himself, delight bubbling inside him.

"Do you know why, you're here Mr. Jeon?" She asks again.

"Beats me Ms. Li " he shrugs nonchalantly.

"Hm" a pause and the woman places the file down, folding his fingers over the desk. She lifts up her chin "the Bureau of Security Division and International affairs is a... Government run agency to control internal strives and international... threats."