48. Happy Ending.

***Saira's POV.***

My baby shower was beautiful and when I received a funny gift from Arya related to diapers, I smirked at Parth and gave it to him. He gracefully accepted it and said that this would mean my Pa won't be able to take his daughter away anymore as he holds a special duty.

He gives me something too. A beautiful light purple pearl bracelet with a heart pendant and he said he would ask another one to be made for our daughter, which she would wear when she comes into this world. I kiss his cheek without giving a damn who is watching except for Pa, who I give a cheek kiss too after I receive a beautiful pair of payals, one for me and one for his granddaughter.

After Parth woke up, things changed a lot. He was not supposed to work for the next few weeks, but I knew he would get bored, so I took a week long leave to stay at home near him and give him some distractions.

On my week off, I showed Parth how to knit, the hobby which came in handy as I want to make my baby's first sweater, socks, cap and gloves myself. It was a tremendous feat for me to complete alone, so I asked Parth for help, which was just an excuse to distract him.

But obviously it was a wrong move because it gave my ego a bad beating.

"Look, I finished it." Parth said excitedly after I woke up from my afternoon nap.

"What?!" I ask in shock.

"Yes. See, see. They are so tiny and cute." Parth says as he shows me socks and I rub my eyes and look at it.

"They are tiny and cuter than mine." I say as I see they are of perfect size, too.

I remember when I made them; they were a little off in size and also not in good shape. He then shows me the gloves he made for the baby, which look like cute little pouches, unlike mine, which aren't half as elegant as this one. And his choice of color is also good too, which is turquoise.

"You made this in just one hour?" I ask.

"Yes. Looks like I am a prodigy." He says as he admires his accomplishments.

"They are very pretty." I say and he looks at me.

"But yours is much prettier, dear." He says, and it feels like consolation.

"No, they aren't. You made them in one hour. It took me a whole day to make them and that work is sloppy compared to yours. My baby is going to hate me." I say.

"Okay, babies don't hate their mothers for their sloppy work." He says, and I glare at him.

"I am good at everything." I say, "Except for this thing."

"That's what I am saying. Babies don't care about these things. The only thing they care about is their Mommy and Daddy being there and playing with them." He says.

"Still, that doesn't change the fact that you are better at this than me. I should be the one winning." I say.

"You are winning." He says.

"How come?" I ask.

"You are... you are busy all day and then you take out time for this and obviously you were thinking about me too. That is why it is like this, otherwise I bet it would have been better than mine for sure." He says.

"You really think so?" I ask.

"Of course. My wife is the best. No one can beat her." He says.

"Aww! Stuff like this makes me realize we will last longer. Can I ask you something, Parth?" I ask as I put my head on his shoulder.