47. Homecoming.

***Saira's POV.***

"Saira..." Every time he says my name, I feel alive.

"What? What did you expect from me after all that happened that I would reciprocate easily?" I ask.

"So, do you mean you loved me before?" He asks.

"Of course." I say.

"Then what changed your mind?" He asks.

"Your current state. How dare you confess to me in your current state, Mr. Parth Malhotra? I fell in love with a healthy and stupidly funny man, not this one. So don't expect me to confess my love to you. Only that man deserves it." I say as anger that has waned out before starts building up all over again.

"Is this because of my scar?" He asks jokingly.

"Actually, yes. It is ugly. It robbed my husband of his angelic face just because he can't wait to see his wife for one night. One stupid night." I almost yelled out.

"Saira, I told you I am sorry. And I was driving just fine. It was someone else who hit me." He says in a serious tone.

"That doesn't give me back the five months we lost." I say.

"Well, what do I do then, huh? I am frustrated too that I lost five months of my life, which I could have spent with you. Don't you know how much I am trying to control my emotions right now? I love you. The reason I left the hotel that night is that I couldn't wait to tell you anymore. I don't know why. Maybe I didn't want to waste anymore time or was scared that you wouldn't reciprocate my feelings. But I was ready to face it because..." He says and stops.

"Because what?" I ask.

"I already said it twice. Would you really like to hear it again?" He asks.

I blink my eyes then walk towards him and wrap my arms around him, "I am so angry at you, but at the same time, I want to keep you so close. What do I do, Parth? I do really lo-"

"Don't say it." He says.

I push back and ask with a frown, "Why?"

"Don't say it until I am back on my feet, not until I am healthy and your old Parth again with scars here and there. You fell in love with him and he would be the only one who would hear it. Till then you won't confess. It would be my greatest punishment. And I promise I will work hard to get better and make up for our lost time." He says and gives me a light peck on the lip.

"Okay. But maybe you shouldn't kiss me like that." I say.

"Why?" He asks.

"It feels like cheating." I say.

"What?" He asks with a hint of a smile.

"It feels like cheating on my sweet husband with this rogue you have become now. Your scar makes you look dangerous and sexy." I say with a smile.

"Really?" He asks, holding me tighter with a smug smile.

"Don't get cocky, it is my hormones." I say.

"I don't mind it. Can we steal some more kisses?" He asks.

"No." I say, shaking my head.

"Why?" He asks with a pout.

"Your heart won't be able to handle it and I don't want machines to explode." I say.

"By the way, earlier you said something about Pa. Is he okay?" He asks with concern as he makes me sit beside him on the bed.