27. Warning Kiss.

***Saira's POV.***

"And we are going to go on a small trip to Hawaii for our sixth anniversary." Disha, one of my colleagues, says.

"Wedding?" I ask.

"No, dating." She says and I feel another sting.

"My boyfriend takes me to a romantic date every anniversary, but at a different restaurant. But this time I am thinking about making dinner at home as it would be our tenth anniversary, so I must make it special." Another colleague, Mina says.

"Great." I mumble under my breath.

"Is he coming tonight?" Disha asks.

"Yes. What about you, Saira? Is your husband going to come to the party tonight? We are eager to see him." Mina says.

"He comes to drop me every day. Didn't you see him?" I ask.

"No." Mina says.

"I saw him from afar, but his back." Disha says.

"No worries. You will meet him today." I say.

"So, did you celebrate your one-month anniversary?" Mina asks.

"No." I say.

"Why?" Disha asks in shock. Okay, this is not a disaster.

"Because I was busy and so was he." I say.

"Pfft! Saira, you should celebrate little things." Mina says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Ah!" Disha sighs, "These small things are just excuses to spend some quality time with each other."

"Yes. And make some wonderful memories." Mina says with a dreamy sigh and I don't know what to make of it.

"Okay." I say.

"Promise us you will celebrate your one-month anniversary with your husband tonight." Mina says.

"Uh... Sure." I say with a nod.

Mina is engaged to her childhood boyfriend while Disha had gotten married a year ago. Her's was an arranged marriage, but they waited until she became a doctor and till then dated for seven years. They are excellent doctors and colleagues too. My adjustment to this place got much easier because they were ‌friendly and helpful.

The only problem I have with them is that they always talk about their love life and how their dates were. And the one person who never experienced things like those is bound to get jealous of their exciting life while she herself feels left out. That is the reason she is folded and tries to give Parth hints to get him to kiss her, or at least think about kissing.

"But obviously that tube light would not get it soon." I murmur when I get back into my cabin.

But why do I have to think about this stupid stuff? Maybe because Disha giggled about how her husband gives her kiss before she leaves for work or maybe because Mina loves to share the glory details of her adventurous kiss not far from her relatives.

All this stuff has muddled my good sense, as I, too, wanted to experience it. Is it wrong to think like that? I mean, I am officially married and have the right to ask for a kiss. No. Not ask. Literally take it from him. But I want Parth to initiate it. Why? Because of my pride, I don't know why it matters.

"Maybe I shouldn't do it." I say to myself, "I don't want to cross a line which Parth is not ready for. Just because I am having a midlife crisis, which is having the issue of never actually dating and missing all the fuss, that doesn't mean Parth has to go through it with me. I don't know why am I so upset about this stupid thing. I mean, wasn't it my plan to focus on my career and not date? But now I am regretting not experiencing those things. And it will also take Parth sometime before he actually thinks about something like that happening between us."