40. Looking Forward.

***Parth's POV.***

"Someone is looking beautiful today." I say as I come into the room with a tray full of breakfast.

"Don't I always look beautiful?" Saira asks me with a frown.

"Always you do. But today you are super beautiful." I compliment with a smile and she tilts her head and smiles.

"You are such..." She says as I put down the tray.

"Such a what?" I ask as I take her in my arms.

"Do you really want me to say it?" She asks as her arms come around my shoulder.

"Yes." I say.

"You are such a darling." She says and the very next second we shake our heads, "That doesn't feel right."

"Ya. Even my sweetheart was too sweet." I say.

"We are the worst at finding pet-names for each other." She says.

"But I found a nice one." I say with a wide smile.

"What is it?" She asks.

"Mrs. ..." I say and take a pause and she looks hopeful, "Cuddles."

"What?" She asks in shock.

"Mrs. Cuddles. Look how cute it is. And it fits your personality too. You are such a soft cuddler." I say and squeeze her in my arms.

"Parth!" She exclaims and before she can complain, I kiss her and she melts right away.

"So I am done with my duty. Now it is your job to find me a good pet name." I say while she is still in daze.

"Okay." She says, but after a moment, "You are so sly. Don't take advantages like that, Parth. I am not okay with that name."

"But you just agreed. Now don't go back on your words. You don't know how much I thought about this. Now let's eat. You have to go to work, too." I say and make her sit down on the couch.

"Fine then, Mr. Snuggles." She says.

"What kind of pet name is that?" I ask.

"The same pet name as mine." She says with a smirk.

"Wow! Sammies." I say, and she rolls her eyes but smiles, too.

"As for your punishment for kissing and distracting me, you have to feed me, otherwise I will give you vivid details about the operation I did yesterday on a man's stomach." She says.

"Do you want me to die of hunger? Here." I say and feed her the first bite.

"Good boy. No. Good choice, Mr. Snuggles." She says, patting my shoulder.

"Thank you, Mrs. Cuddles." I say, and we chuckle together.

After breakfast, Saira leaves for her job. Today is a special day for her as she is going to get new interns. It has been a month already since that day. Saira was upset most of the time, not for herself, but for her parents. She regrets not a word she said, but the way things are right now.

But the next day at dinner, everything felt right, as it was a new beginning. Neel's parents impressed my in-laws a lot. Even Ma wants to invest in Vina Aunty's business as she needs something to do too as her kids are grown up now. I don't know why Pa looked at me irritated when she said that.

When Saina announced she is going to get enrolled in college to become a teacher, that's why the wedding has to wait for another two-three years. Guess who was happy? Obviously, Pa. He couldn't contain it and actually hugged his son-in-law. Yes, me. Afterwards he coughed and dismissed it, and I got a glare from Neel for taking his chance away.