36. Missed Intimacy.

***Saira's POV.***

"I am an awful person. So awful. How can I do what I did?" I ask myself as I hold my head in my hands.

I ran away. For the first time in my life, I ran away from something instead of facing it head on. But how can I do that when I am feeling so ashamed? It is all my fault. I hope Parth will forgive me if he comes to know what happened. The things between us were just getting good and I don't want to spoil it, not after what happened this afternoon.

My intercom rings so I press the button, "Dr. Saira, Dr. Dvivedi needs your assistance in a surgery. Please report to him."

"I will be there." I say and get up with a little wince.

The pain has dulled a lot after I took a hot bath with the scented lavender oil. It reminded me of how once Parth bought a complete package of lavender beauty care. He really cares for what I like and what do I do?

Take advantage of my drugged husband for my pleasure.

"I am not only awful, but selfish too." I say and splash some water on my face, then go for surgery.

It was past 4 when I got free after assisting two surgeries and going on two rounds and an emergency case. When I entered my cabin, I lied down on the couch and finally looked at my phone. I had two missed calls from Parth and one from Mom and another two from Pa.

There is a text from Mom asking me if I had dinner and I reply with a yes. Then there is a text from Pa asking if I am coming home for father's day. The last text is from Parth saying that the dinner was good.

"Obviously he would catch on that I made it." I say to myself and lay back.

I don't know what came over, but I picked up my phone and dialed a number to a person I didn't expect to reach out in this situation.

"Hi! Saira! Are you okay, dear? What happened? You are calling at this time." She asks.

"Ma!" I say and I don't know what she heard in my voice that she asks me to hold.

"Okay, now we can talk. Tell me what happened?" She asks.

"How can you know if something happened?" I ask.

"Because I am your mother and I can sense these things. You and your father may have a great bond, but my daughters always come to me when they are in distress. And even if one of them doesn't, I still know how to solve their problems." She says and I frown.

Does Ma know about Saina's health condition?

"I did something terrible, Ma." I say.

"And what is this terrible thing you did?" She asks.

"That I can't tell you." I say.

"How can I help you if you won't?" She asks.

"Just guess then, but it is too private to tell." I say.

"Is it something between you and Parth?" She asks.

"Yes. I became selfish and did something. It is something which we both should be fully involved in but... Okay, I can't tell anymore than that." I say and groan.

"Oh, dear. Whatever it is, you don't have to blame yourself for that. Sometimes people become selfish in their relationship, but that doesn't mean you just leave it at that. Rather than blaming yourself, you have to move on and make sure that doesn't happen again. Also, you should talk to Parth. What if he doesn't think like that? Don't make assumptions. I don't know what happened, but I know everything could be solved if you would just talk to him about how you feel. He is a very nice man. Okay?" She asks and I nod, "Dear if you are nodding, I won't be able to hear it?"