18 | Psychopath

||Trigger Warning | Blood | Gore ||

The frantic sound of her scream bounced through the four corners of the slightly illuminated room puncturing deep into my ears as my heart ached.

It's true I kinda despise her but not to this extent, I couldn't stand the jarring scream escaping her lips.

"P-please stop!" The words barely rolled out of my mouth as panic engulfed my being. My wrists were trussed to a wooden chair restricting my movement.

"Wrong answer." The guy responded as a wry smile crept up his lips.

Fucking freak!

"I told you I have no idea where she is!!" I averred.

"You'll know when I'm done with her." I caught sight of the same satisfying, psychopathic smile playing on his lips. His eyes brimmed with an odd satisfaction as if drilling nails into a person's finger where his speciality, and if it was... I'm so dead.

He ruffled his medium auburn hair with his blood-stained hands as he ambled toward me.

My heart pummeled against my chest at each step he took. He towered above me, filling my face into his dark stained palms, and stared intently into my eyes.

I froze.

"Hm... interesting, I thought you'd have busted out of those chains, I guess you're still a naive little girl after all. If that's the case, why not have a little fun with you as well." His laughter echoed through the room igniting a burning sensation in my chest. He picked up the sledgehammer and a nail from the wooden table nearby and placed the end of the nail on my index finger.

Droplets of sweat rolled down my face as I prepared mentally for the most excruciating pain I might ever feel. I clamped my eyelids as I waited and waited... huh?

I slightly opened my eyes and met a pair of swollen brown eyes staring back at me. A shriek eluded my lips, "Ahhh"

"K-keep it down!" She muttered as she tried peeling the chains off my wrist.

"R-ruby? What are you doing here?" I glanced above her shoulder and froze. Crystal tears tumbled down my face as my gaze washed over the lady tied up to the chair opposite me drenched with her blood.

"A-adira!" I jerked off my restraints and rushed to her, slamming my knee against the concrete floor.

"A-adira please wake up! P-please!!" I tapped her cheek repeatedly as silent tears kept on trickling down my pale cheeks, I sniffled and placed my palms over my tear-streaked face. "I-I'm so sorry Adira, beat me however you want, I-I will even stop cussing, I promise, but p-please don't die!" I cried out in hopes of spiking a response from her.

"It's a deal." She said breathlessly as her eyes barely peeled open.

"A-adira?" I shrouded her in my arms as I felt her ragged breathing on my nape.

"Y-your hand." He did quite a number on her right hand. Nails clamped her five fingers to the wooden table, blood oozing out profusely. I could see the excruciating pain playing in her eyes.

"I-its okay, just hurry and leave before she comes back!" She nudged me slightly until a thought came to mind.

Wait, what of that guy.

My gaze skimmed around the room and there he was, passed out on the floor. Ruby must have knocked him out a while ago, that means he ain't fully dead.

"No! I-I can't leave you here with him." I glanced over at her fingers affixed to the table.