7 | I Will Make It Out Alive

"That is pretty messed up, so I'm like a ticking time bomb waiting to be activated, Huhn." Honestly, this didn't alarm me at all. I've already prepared my mind for worse.

"Yes, sadly." She said kneaded her temple and let out a sigh. Her eyes ached from what I had done previously and a hint of guilt washed over me.

"I'm sorry for what I did to those awful eyes of yours." I said, rubbing the back of my neck as I avoided eye contact with her.

"It wouldn't hurt to pass a compliment, just so you know." She rolled her eyes.

"Oh it most definitely would. Literally." I chuckled.

"By the way, why are you so defensive? Especially when it's from someone that knows nothing about her past." She asked, wiping off a drop of blood that leaked from her eyes.

I scoffed.

Seriously. She actually asking that?

"Oh hey stranger. I didn't know I was meant to narrate my entire life story to ya. Should've told me that." I faked a smile.

"Okay. Fine, I understand your point. No reason to be sarcastic about it."

"You sure? Cause I feel I've got all the reason to be. Since I was basically held captive without my consent. Forced to engage in combat without my consent also. So I've got every reason to be sarcastic here. Could go all day listing if you want me to."

"Oh my bad, Should've told you I was gonna hold you captive before I did so. You would definitely comply." A hint of frustration pulling at her voice.

"It's quiet satisfying watching you get riled up." I uttered with a smirk tugging at my lips.

"Alright, if you're done with your fun, let's get back to where we left off. You have to prepare yourself both physically and mentally 'cause from here on out, things are gonna get brutal."

"Bring'em on. I'm ready for it all." My eyes flared with rage.

"Hold your gears on, sweetheart. May I remind you that you will not only face battles mentally but physically and the way I see things, you have zero stamina, zero strength and zero agility."

My brows arched in confusion. Are you kidding me? I almost bulged your eyes out ya socket and you call that zero strength.

"I know what must be going on in your mind, and no. Just cause you almost severed my eyeballs from its socket doesn't make you any stronger. You'll meet people way more fierce and tougher than I or Sebastian are, so take what I'm emphasizing seriously or you might end up dead before getting the chance to meet your mother."

Fear dripped down my skin like sweat. The thought of it sent shivers down my spine. I will make it out alive.

"So, made up your mind? Ready or not?"

"I'm ready."

"Alright then, what's your usual weapon of choice?"

"My ability to piss people off."

"What?"

"Yeah, that. Oh, and that one scooter."

"A scooter?"

"I mean, you trample people with it, you can swing it around, and-"

"Okay, I get the picture." She looked at me with utter bewilderment.

"Yeah, ok, I know I can be a little deranged at times, but if you look at it my way, it's a great weapon." My eyes glowed with amusement.

She stroked her temple as if trying to soothe an ache. "We are not trampling people over with a scooter, Aurora."

"A situation might prompt it."

"Any better idea that doesn't involve trampling people over?"

"Yeah, yeah, I've got one."

"Does it involve breaking the law or being hunted by the government?"

"Of course it does."

"Why do I even bother asking you that?"

"Because... You still have misguided faith in me?" I shrugged innocently and winked at her.

"This will take a while." She face palmed herself.

"Hey-"

My phone suddenly rang, disrupting what I was about to say. "Who?"

"Ugh, the demon is back, Ruby."

I picked up the call only to once again hear her screaming her lungs out over the phone. "Where are you? Mom's been very worried sick about you! Get back home now."

She ended the call.

Didn't know it was past dinner.

"I guess this is goodbye for now. A second late would be hell for me at home, give me a call when you're ready to meet up another time."

"Yeah 'cause you've given me your number." Sarcasm dripped from her tone as she rolled her eyes. "I trust you'd find a way to get it." I winked at her before racing out the exit. "Wait. Bu- urgh she's gone."

I mounted a bus back home. Just as I was on my way home, my phone buzzed for the second time. "Jeez, I'm on my way. What's she still calling me for?" I answered the call only to hear her frantic screams across the phone.

"H-help me... Vivian."

My entire body went numb with fear as anger and worry flooded through my veins.