8 | Outburst

Immediately I stepped into the living room, my heart thudded against my chest. My eyes became moist.

I hurried all the way here... Only to find out... She played a prank on me!

"RUBY!" I yelled out her name as I barged into the kitchen in search of her. Michelle dashed out of her room and wrapped her arms around me, "W-where were you! We've been worried about you."

"I'm sorry aunt, I had some crucial stuff I had to take care of."

"Oh, hey sister, why were you crying out my name. Or could it be... You missed me so much that you can't help but yell out for me." She came down the staircase and slumped on the couch opposite me.

This brat! I can't burst out in front of Michelle.

I strode towards her, "Yeah Ruby, of course, I missed you. Why else would I be yelling your name." I forced a smile as my nails dug into the arm of her chair.

"I'm so happy you guys are finally getting along," Michelle said as her face sparkled with happiness.

I closed my eyes and heaved a sigh. Just let it go, Aurora, I mumbled to myself. "Oh yeah, Ruby, could we talk up in my room? Where we left off on campus." I asked.

I caught a glimpse of raw emotions that flickered across her eyes before it instantly disappeared like it was never there. "Y-yeah, I'll be up in a sec." She got up and hurried to the kitchen. Michelle accessed us both as her brow arched in confusion, questions hung on the curve of her lips. I quickly scrambled upstairs before she could raise a question. "Gotta go take a quick shower. I'm all sweaty and sticky."

"Weird, what's wrong with those two?"

Ruby walked into my room and scrunched down in the bean bag while I sat on my bed with crossed legs.

"I wanna have a real conversation where you're not a cocky piece of shit for 5 minutes."

"Yeah. Sure. But first, tell me where the hell you've been. Michelle was worried sick about you. You know clearly how her health has been deteriorating recently. You claim you care, but you don't give a fuck about any of us."

I chuckled at her sudden outburst. "I don't care?...... You had no idea what I've been through, yet you throw all the blame on me? Can't you just be understanding for once in your lifetime? I... I just found leads on how I ended up with this appearance... A-after all my research, I'm finally making progress... And you dare accuse me of not caring?" My eyes blazed with rage as my heart pounded so quickly I thought it'd shatter my ribcage any moment from now.

Ruby gaped in bewilderment as her forehead wrinkled with confusion.

I felt an almost painful prick of confusion. Why does she look more frightened than concerned?

"W-why did you hide all of this from me?"

"Are you kidding me? You're seriously acting like you don't know?"

"I don't know."

"Well, maybe if you got your head out of your arse you'd realize that every time I showed you something about myself, you'd shame me or someone else for it."

"I did not."

"Are you seriously gaslighting me about this? You don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about."

"I have never shamed you for anything."

"Yeah, because I always went along when you assumed I wasn't a part of it."

"Then don't turn this on me when you're the one who lied."

"Don't get mad at me when you're the one who can't accept people for who they truly are. My body's been going through some changes and you claim you didn't know?! I guess when my eyes suddenly glowed red in class, you were supposedly blind Huhn! Yeah. Noted. Gonna tell Michelle to get you a pair of glasses!"

I hesitated glaring at her with hurt evident in my eyes expecting a response.

"Must you always be so dramatic about every little thing?"

I scoffed as I blinked back tears, "D-dramatic?" I glared at her with disbelief. Rage pulsed through my veins and out of nowhere, sudden energy surged through my system causing the phone in my hand to crumble into pieces. Ruby's eyes flew wide open in shock and terror.

"C-calm down Vi-" Raw panic flooded her voice.

"I just told you what the hell has been happening to me but... Instead of being concerned... Y-you're calling me dramatic?" My gaze narrowed into a squint. I suddenly had the urge to smash something, someone, anything.

"Urgh! I. Hate. You." I clamped my fists so tight, my nails dug into my flesh, and warm dark liquid seeped down my palms.

"I-I'm sorry Vivian... I shouldn't have said that. I had the intention of apologizing but I let my feelings get the best of me, I re-"

"GET. OUT."