17 | Wanted

"Aspen's dead?!" He was as horrified as I was which took me aback. I caught a glimpse of raw emotions whiff through his molten-brown eyes.

I thought he had no feelings for her.

"Sebas-"

"Cut the act! You know my name, don't you." His expression turned stoic. The hurt, feeble boy was no longer there.

I scoffed, "Oh my, bravo, bravo, Shane. Here I thought you'd come clean..." the rest of my sentence drifted off as my throat tightened, I swallowed hard as he narrowed his gaze on me.

"I-I just thought... we had something real..." I forced the words out, unable to meet his gaze.

"S-sorry, that came out wrong. I was just being foolish. I didn't deserve your honesty or trust... I never did."

Turning to walk away, hot tears dripped down my cheeks as I felt a sudden ache in my chest.

"Uhm... sorry to interrupt the 'show' but I've got something to say." Ruby butted in.

She never picks the right time to showcase her stupidity. H-he didn't even utter a word... not a single apology! Aspen was right... oh, Aspen... your death won't be in vain, I will get the psychopath behind all this and make her wish she was dead!

"Just say the fuck you wanna say and get it over with!" I lashed out.

"Uhm... ok, since Shane still refused to open up about this, I decided I couldn't keep it a secret any longer. We-"

"Ruby!" His hoarse voice echoed in the room, silencing whatever Ruby was about to disclose.

"Say it!" I demanded, peeved as to what he was concealing once again.

"Urgh fine! We can't return with you at the moment because we're currently on a d-date." Her eyes stared apologetically at me but her words were far from it.

Tears pricked my eyes, unable to comprehend the words that filled my ears.

Ha! How long had they met, they already hooked up... and it just had to be with her!

"I-I'll return alone. You two should enjoy your... date."

I jerked my luggage and hastily walked out of the room, slamming the door on my way out.

"Ugh, did you have to say that? You could have come up with a better excuse." He said as he caressed the bridge of his nose as a slight frown pulled up beneath his lips.

"The deed is already done. If you can't live with it, run after her and sort things out, but trust me, it won't do either of you any good." Ruby entwined her hands waiting for his decision.

"Do you ever think how much she's gonna fucking hate you for this?" A hint of anger leaked into his voice.

"Us. Hate us, you're in this as much as I am. She already hates my fucking guts long before all this and I don't blame her, I've been a fucking bitch."

"You... you seem different."

"Huh?"

"Nevermind." I must be imagining things.

He shoved aside the faint uneasiness and trudge over to the bed. "So what's your plan?"

"Don't have any." She said quite relaxed.

"The fuck do you mean by that! So why did we have to lie to Aurora!"

"Don't you dare raise your fucking voice at me! If you care so much about your girlfriend, then go chase after her!" She heaved an audible sigh as she swore under her breath.