11 | Trip to Los Angeles

"On one condition, take Ruby along."

I mourned within as I felt my whole world crumble. There's no way our plan would work with her along! This is a total disaster!

"Alright ma'am, we'll take her along." I whipped my head in his direction upon hearing his statement. TF? You ain't supposed to agree to that!

"Thanks for hearing me out. I'll take my leave now." He got up and kowtowed before taking his leave. "I'll see him off." I butted in and ran off after him.

"Hm... where have I seen that face from? Ugh I can't remember... it'll come back to me later." Michelle said as she stood and strolled out of the living room into her room.

"What the fuck was that?! Ruby can not tag along in this journey! It'll be a total disaster! What if she gets there and figure out there was no 'friend' to begin with, she'll de-"

"Enough!" I flinched as his hoarse and domineering voice echoed in my ear interrupting my words. I stood rooted on the ground trembling. It suddenly felt like a bucket of ice was poured all over me. Why does he have such effect on me.

He noticed my tensed body and sighed. "Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you like that. Don't bother about the rest. I'll figure it out." He said sternly.

I nodded as my mind wandered. H-he apologized! Or I'm maybe I'm hearing things again. I was lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize he had been staring at me.

Unknown to me that he was already coming up with a plan to avoid Ruby from uncovering our lie.

I smirked as I realized he was staring at me, "Oh honey, I know I'm too gorgeous for you to resist the urge of gazing at my glorious face, just admit it, who knows, I might be kind enough to reject your offer politely."

His brow furrowed as the corner of his lips curved up a little. "Yeah, I'd admit, you're gorgeous indeed."

"Huhn?" My eyes darted back and forth in disbelief. I'm pretty sure I heard that correctly. Or... he's probably teasing me!

"What, surprised? You were so eager to get those words outta my mouth. So I just did you a favour, and I expect a thank you in return." He entwine his arms and leaned forward towards me.

My cheeks flushed red as he shortened the distance between us. I was still trying to get myself back together when a sudden outburst of laughter reached my ear.

"Who'd have thought a day would come when I'd finally see you speechless." He chuckled.

I gritted my teeth as anger thrummed through my veins. Ha! What was I expecting. Fucking Jerk!

"Drop by in the next two days to pick us up." I said expressionlessly ignoring his outburst and stepped back inside.

"She's one hard nut to crack Huhn."

Two days later

Sebastian came over to pick us up and as the gentleman that he was, insisted on waiting majestically in his damn limo, leaving the luggage for us and by the way, who brings a fucking limo just to take us to the airport! A part of me still couldn't believe he owned a freaking limo! I mean he's still in his early 20s, not that it ain't possible but he seemed anything far from rich.

After settling all our luggage into the limo. We went back in to bid Michelle farewell.

"Mom"

"Aunt." I and Ruby both chimed as we wrapped our arms around her. "My babies. I'll miss you two." Her eyes grew moist as she pecked us both on our cheeks. "Just a week, Aunt and we'll be back," I mumbled. "Alright dear, call me when you've gotten to your destination."

"Mn." I nodded.

Los Angeles

I stepped out of the airplane. I shut my eyes and inhaled the cool air that brushed past my skin sending tingles down my body. I threw my head back and spread my hands out embracing the sky in excitement and shouted, "New city. New place. New life!" I giggled. "You do realize it's just for a week, right?" Ruby muttered beside me as she raised a brow.

'It's nice finally seeing her so carefree. So calm, relaxed... beautiful... ha! What I'm I thinking... she's anything far from beautiful.' He averted his gaze but found himself unable to look away.

I whirled around and found Ruby and Sebastian staring at me like I was crazy. "C'mon loosen up would ya. Besides it's my first time being anywhere far from home..." I said as I smiled faintly.

We got settled into a hotel and offloaded some things we might need. "Hey smart ass, why'd you book a room with just a bed? Didn't know you'd be so bad with numbers. Anyways, the bed is all mine tonight. You two dumb ass should go sleep somewhere else." I lay on the bed and shut my eyes inhaling the cosy scent of the medium sized room.

"Typical Vivian!" Ruby scowled. "It's the only room they've got. You two can have the bed, I'll sleep on the sofa." Sebastian said.

"Aw... such a gentleman... like fuck I'd believe that. Also, I ain't sharing a bed with some pig! You two can have the sofa."

"Jeez Vivian, we both know who the pig is! And why do I have to share a sofa with Him! That's unreasonable."

"C'mon don't tell me you ain't happy that you'd finally be sharing a sofa with your prince charming." I rolled my eyes.

"Jealousy isn't a good look on you, Vivian. I'm sleeping beside you and that's final." She heaved a sigh and mumbled something before stepping into the bathroom.

"Who said I'm jealous!" I mumbled.

"He's not worth your jealousy, is he?"

"Hell no! He's nothing more than an annoying dumb ass with just a hot fa-" My eyes flew wide open the moment I realized who that voice belonged to.

He pressed his lips into a thin line trying not to burst out. "Hot what, I didn't get that." He finally let it out and laughed to his content while hugging his stomach.

My face scorched red at the sudden realization of my words. I ignored him and clamped my eyelids shut.

"C'mon you're no fun. Didn't mean to eavesdrop, just happened to catch that. Uhm... also Adira won't be with us throughout our stay here. Goodnight." He chuckled.

Goodnight dumby, I couldn't bring myself to say it to his face. I could still feel my heart thumping loudly against my chest. I figured something has been going on with me lately. Could it also be related to my eyes glowing red? Mn... that must be it...

~~~

Thanks for all the readers still tagging along and for all your votes and comments.

Love you all♡♡♡

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Follow!