15 | Shane Grayson

The following scene is all a flashback from Aurora. You'll get to understand prior to the end of the chapter

'By the way, how did you two meet? I mean you and Shane.' Aspen asked as she rested her hand on the table and leaned closer to me.

'Shane? And who may that be?' My mind wandered to all the people I had come across, but no 'Shane' came to memory.

'Oh c'mon, you don't need to play the dumb card on me. I'm not against you two hanging out. Just wanted to drop a few warnings before I return to my table.'

'Excuse me? You must be mistaken. The only person I came in with is Sebastian.'

A peal of laughter echoed in my ear as I stared at her, waiting for an explanation.

'I'm s-so sorry, it's just... Sebastian? So that's what he goes by now?' She once again bursted into another sequel of laughter, leaving me dumbstruck by her statement.

'What do you mean, that's what he goes by now?!' My heart wavered at the thought of what she meant. I knew where she was getting on to, I-I just wanted confirmation, a confirmation to prove that my conclusion was wrong, to prove that Shane is not Sebastion, to prove that he didn't lie to me, to prove that he didn't trust me enough to tell me that! And I got it, I got my damn confirmation.

'Oh, honey, Shane is Sebastian, only that Shane is his real name.'

I felt like an unexpected bomb fell from the sky and landed straight in my heart. My emotions erupted like that of a volcano and littered all over the place. No tears rolled down my cheeks, no emotions were printed on my face. All the chaos was happening inside me, inside my mind.

'I'm sorry you had to hear about that from me, and I doubt he would have told you anytime soon. I didn't want you to end up like me. He'll dump it all at full force on you out of nowhere and tell you it's over, I mean, who the hell breaks up with a girl you've been going out with for four solid years!'

Now it was my turn to laugh. I laughed hard enough for tears to joyfully dance down my cheeks, only that this wasn't tears of joy, It was mixed with hurt, sadness, betrayal, and rage. What better way to express your anger than to laugh it all out, Huhn?

'I've met many kinds of assholes in my life and trust me, he's the worst outta them all. He isn't worth the tears, honey. It's best you learn that sooner than later. I learned that the hard way.'

She extended her hand across the table with a tissue in it. I sniffled as I took the tissue and sobered up. I then came to realize, that she must have suffered way more than how crushed up I felt. I could only wonder who in their sane mind would ditch such a pretty and lovely lady as her. We only met just a couple of minutes ago and it felt like we've been long-time friends.

Before I could ask her to elaborate further, she started, 'Back when I was still a naive little girl, everything about me beamed with love. I always made sure I had shared part of that love with someone, who'd have thought one silly mistake would end up ruining my life altogether. I bumped into a disturbed, lonely boy seated alone on the roadside bench, the sun was about to set, as chill breeze whoosh past the leaves mixed with the sound of crickets humming spawned a melodious tune. I went up to him and we both conversed for what seemed to be an eternity. A few days later, we started hanging out often. Months passed and we were finally an item. Those were the most joyous years of my life, even if it was all a lie... four years later, he invited me out for dinner, back then I thought he had wanted to finally propose, so I picked out my prettiest dress, but instead what I got was a brief, cold breakup...' She exhaled.