2 | First Day in High School

The whizzing sound of my alarm punctured through the air, jostling me from my slumber. Why do I keep having such dreams? I dabbed the sweat drops affixed on my head with the back of my hand as I slid out of the bed and strolled into the bathroom.

A few minutes later, I stepped out with a sky-blue towel swathed around my body and walked over to my dresser, I slid the upper drawer open and selected some clothing and a pair of royal blue-coloured socks.

Gotta look stunning for my first day.

"Hey Maleficent, you ready?" Ruby said, placing a faint tap on the door.

"It's spelt Vivian, not Maleficent, dummy." I plucked out the red silk scrunchie on my hair, letting it fall behind my back as I ran my fingers through it.

"Put on your rags, and let's go. If you aren't ready in the next twenty seconds, I'm ditching you." A whiff of annoyance lingered in her voice.

"Yeah, thanks, Ruby, that's enough time for me to finish up. I didn't know I had became The Flash." I sneered, raking a comb through my hair.

I scampered down the stairs shortly after I was done, only to find Ruby in her towels seated on the couch, giggling with someone over the phone.

Is she messing with me?

"Ruby!" My jaw tightened, and anger seeped into my being as I hovered in front of her. "You gave me literally twenty seconds to get dressed and here you are, sitting so comfortably in your towel?"

"Keep it down, can't you see I'm on a call?" she hissed, turning sideways as she resumed conversing with the other person on the line.

I chuckled, glaring down at her as I grazed my fingers through my hair.

She really wanna get on my nerves. Let's see who wins. A smirk tugged at my lips before I scurried up to my room.

"Serves that witch a lesson, who does she think she is? There is no way I would go to campus with her." She mumbled, audible enough for me to hear.

I gazed deeply into the mirror, staring at my reflection, pondering on the perfect way to get her back, and bingo. An idea sprung up in my mind, as the corner of my lips tipped up into a smirk.

I hurried back downstairs and still saw her seated in the same spot, I strode past her into the kitchen.

I ambled over to the mini fridge situated beside the cabinet and pulled it open. The pancakes were in the lower compartment of the fridge with two packets of heavy cream milk beside them. I took a chunk of the pancake and munched it down in less than a minute before reaching out for the heavy cream milk, I peeled it open and poured a portion into a glass cup, I placed it back and closed the fridge and gobbled the cream milk down at once, the chill, creamy texture meandered down my throat as a burp eluded my lips.

Tastes like heaven.

I grazed my thumb above my lips erasing off the creamy moustache. I strode out of the kitchen and walked toward Ruby, she saw me approaching her but averted her gaze back to her phone.

"Bye, off to school." I muttered as I pranced past her and went out the door.

I was already on my way to school and as usual, their eyes were fixed solely on me. I lowered my gaze to the ground as I strolled to the school-which was only five blocks away from my place.

Their audible gossip and giggles brushed past my ear. Thankfully, I was starting to get used to it.

~*~*~*~*~