Epilogue

3 years later

Misaki slowly blinks her eyes open, feeling slightly sluggish. She had been up all night the night prior playing Cards against Disney with Momoko and her husband, Hinata, Bokuto and Kiyoomi. Her eyes burned slightly with tiredness but she got out of bed anyways. She could hear the shower running, meaning Atsumu got up before her.

Yawning, she takes the coffee left at her bedside and sips it. Some things never changed. He always made sure to make her a coffee if he was up before her. It was the sweet gesture that warmed her heart. Downstairs, she could hear her son and daughter yelling at one another about who's breakfast was better.

A smile graces her lips as she throws on her day clothes, slipping her feet into her slippers before heading downstairs. Nozomi was standing at one end of the table, Kaen on the other, both arguing about whether Cocoa Puffs or Reese's Puffs were better, the argument heated for a pair of four year old kids. 

"You two, be nice. Get ready for school. Your father has practice and momma has to go to a recording. Kaen, don't argue with your sister. You're just like your father," She sighs, shaking her head as her son stuck his tongue out at his sister. How had her mother or Atsumu's mother ever managed? 

With a soft hum, she turns to the fridge, getting out the ingredients to make her bacon, egg and cheese croissants. Halfway through, Atsumu enters behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist as he kisses her cheek. "How's our little bean doing this morning?" He asks softly, placing his hand over her abdomen. 

"Shh. We haven't even told the kids yet," she hushes him with an amused smile. Atsumu looks at her sheepishly. "Shouldn't we tell them sooner rather than later?" he asks. Misaki rolls her eyes at him. "I like the peace we have right now while we can get it. Let's keep them in the dark a little longer," she tells him.

"Is Dr. Kiryu is positive there's only one in there?" He asks somewhat anxiously. Misaki laughs with a small nod. "Yes. We triple checked. Too bad you couldn't attend the appointment. We're just over halfway there," she smiles at her husband. His away game had happened at the time of the appointment. Misaki couldn't blame him.

But she was keeping the gender a secret until she finished the cd she was surprising him with this afternoon. She knew what they were having. But she kept it a secret from everyone except her recording studio, working on the solo for the last three weeks. She could only hope that when it was finished today that Atsumu would love the surprise. 

This baby would complete their family. Misaki loved her kids, but she wanted nothing more to spend time with them. She knew in her heart she was ready for this baby but that it would be her last. The feeling was bittersweet.

Flipping Atsumu's sandwich and her own, she plates them, going over to sit at the table where the twins were still arguing. "Alright, enough you two. Both are fine, so enough arguing," Misaki growls as she bites into her sandwich with a satisfied hum. 

Glaring at one another, the twins back down and finish their bowls, Misaki sighing as they clunk their bowls into the sink. "You'll be done by four right?" Misaki asks, finishing her breakfast in several hungry bites. 

Atsumu nods. "I will. Are ya picking up the twins?" Misaki shakes her head. "No, Momoko is. She wants practice for her own due in two months," Misaki tells him. "Tell her I said good luck," Atsumu laughs lightly. "Don't jinx it," Misaki frowns. Usually the kids were decently behaved, though there were some exceptions to the rule.

"I'll drop them off at school. Don't be late," Misaki smiles, finishing her coffee before putting the dishes in the dishwasher. 

"Alright, take care," Atsumu hums, heading out of the house. "Get your backpacks," Misaki yells to the kids, the two of them hurrying to grab their school belongings before lining up at the door. "I was here first!" Nozomi declares, her eyes shining triumphantly. Beside her, her brother sulks lightly. 

"Let's go. I have a project to finish today," Misaki calls as she puts them in the car and buckles them in. 

Driving them to school, she drops them off with their teachers, kissing both before heading to the studio.

"Everything ready to finish up, Mr. Yashiro?" Misaki asks, sitting in the chair as she fiddles with the equipment. "Today we will finish the disk. Are you ready?" He asks. Misaki nods. "Let's get this done. Dedicate it to my dear husband," she smiles fondly.

Hours later, Misaki makes it home before Atsumu, setting up. She litters the house in blue and pink petals, taping streamers and balloons around the house. In the radio, she places the disk, sitting in a chair as she waits for Atsumu to come home. 

It doesn't take too long before he's pulling in, Misaki pacing as she heads over to the radio, putting the disk in place and hitting play.

"Dedicated to my dear husband," it begins. 

"I never imagined

I never believed

Love was more than I hoped for

Life was a mystery

But you gave me more

And There's a secret I'm keeping

From our son, to our little girl

You all are my world. 

But today I must show you

all my love

As our new son waits

to hug you 

Welcome daddy

don't be afraid

I'm your baby

And I'm here to stay."

 Misaki waits, her eyes meeting Atsumu's as his teary gaze levels on her. "It's another boy?" he asks quietly. Misaki nods. "Yes. And he's going to be just like his dad. Are you disappointed?" she asks him.

Atsumu shakes his head. "No. Our little Kohaku will be a blessing." Misaki blinks at him. "Kohaku?" after a moment, she smiles. "I like Kohaku. It's fitting," she finally decided. Atsumu gets down on his knees, placing his hands on her stomach. "Kohaku, if ya can hear me, we can't wait to meet ya and welcome ya into this crazy family. Misa, I love ya. More than words." "I love you too, Tsumu." 

The end.