Chapter 24

The time had finally come. Life was peaceful aside from the pitter patter of little feet. By the time the twins learned to walk, they were running. Atsumu could see so much of Misaki in their daughter. But after him, his son took. And though things were peaceful, they were also hectic. The planning, the shopping, the cake tasting. Everything was all it could ever be.

Misaki finally knew peace. The breeze that blew through the fluttering curtains of lace brushes her hair across her cheek. Her lashes flutter, the sunlight streaming through the window to cast a healthy glow on her face. And as she woke, Misaki heard silence. 

Terror gripped her for a moment as she flew out of bed before she remembered that they had sent the twins to stay the night at Atsumu's parents and Atsumu was staying with Hinata at his bachelor pad. The sound of clanking comes from downstairs, the smell finally hitting her nose. 

It was the smell that drew Misaki out of bed, her feet padding quietly across the floor. Misaki made her way downstairs, her eyes widening as she sees Her mother, Koyuki, sister Ayame and Momoko in the kitchen making breakfast. She rubs her eyes sleepily but they still appear before her.

"Aya? Mom? When did you guys get here?" she asks curiously, looking confused. "Just this morning, Momo let us in but told us not to wake you," Ayame grins, hugging her older sister tightly. Misaki grins back. "It's been a while. I'm glad you came. I could use a little extra help today. I'm really nervous," Misaki admits. 

Her mother snorts. "What's there to be nervous of?" Misaki deflates. "What if he changes his mind?" she whispers, horror sinking into her heart. Her mother gives her a leveling glare. "Misa, I want you to repeat after me. I AM ENOUGH." "I am enough," Misaki whispers. "Louder," her mother asserts. 

"I AM Enough," she repeats louder. 

Her mother smiles at her, ruffling her hair. "Yes you are. Don't forget it. You do not need to be anyone else. You just need to be you," she tells her, hugging her daughter close. The warmth of her mother's embrace melted the rest of Misaki's worries away. "Thank you mom," she whispers. Her mother just gently smiles back.

"How about breakfast? I made everything Omelets, hollandaise sauce and hash browns for breakfast. Sit at the table," Momoko calls, plating up the food that sent everyone's stomachs aching for sustenance. "it smells good," she admits.

"Just wait until you try it. My boyfriend came over last weekend and LOVED it," she smirks. Momoko had finally found a man who didn't mind that she was nearly married to her work, especially since Misaki had gone back to creating music that gave Silent Ravens a run for their money. 

Her voice and body had matured. The fans loved her even more. The fact that she was off the market hardly affected her popularity, and their new songs reached number 1 the moment they were released. 

Eating her breakfast, she sifts through her thoughts, trying to maintain her calm composure. Anything to get her mind off of the task at hand as today was THE DAY. But soon, she ran out of things to distract herself with, Momoko and her mother both fussing over her.

"You don't want to start late, Misa. The hairdresser is her and so is the  makeup artist. We need to get you as beautiful as possible before we get you into the dress," her mother murmurs as Momoko goes to answer the door and let the guests inside.

"I'm nervous," Misaki admits softly, looking at the blue marbled floor. 

"I know, sweetie. I'd be honestly worried if you weren't. But this will be one of the best days in your entire life," her mother tucks a strand of hair behind her ear, looking up as Momoko brings in the professionals. 

"We have two hours to get you ready and to the venue. Are you sure you're alright?" Momoko asks softly. Misaki nods, trying to brush aside her nerves as the professionals get to it, grooming her thoroughly and applying her wedding makeup. 

"Wow, what a difference," her mother murmurs, the stars shining in her eyes. "Wow, Misa! You should wear makeup more often... You're absolutely stunning," her sister, Ayame breathes, looking awed. Momoko wipes away a proud tear as she disappears, coming back a minute later with a flowy smoky gray to white wedding dress that hugged every curve of the singer's body. 

Getting it on was slightly difficult but once the dress was on, she looked like a goddess descended from the heavens. The veil that attached to her hair was long, flowing lace that gave her a mystical appearance. 

She was ready.

Misaki finally stops, fully prepared for her day as she is led to the vehicle that would take them to the Venue while they waited for Atsumu to arrive. The drive wasn't long. But it was long enough to make Misaki feel almost nervous enough to puke. Her heart was in her throat. 

She could feel it beating as the venue was bustling with people making last minute arrangements, the halls decked in white and blue. It was once they were at the venue that the women changed into their dresses, doing last minute makeup and hair fixing. 

But soon, too soon it seemed, time had passed. Music started and Misaki's father appeared, offering his arm to his daughter as an escort. The world seemed to slow as she took that arm, allowing him to lead her to the main hall, the others going in ahead of them.  

Misaki's father looks down at her, his eyes shining with pride. "You look absolutely stunning," he breathes, his heart clenching in pride for his daughter, a bewitching smile on his face. Misaki offers him a smile of her own. "Thanks, dad. I'm ready," she exhales, her tension leaving in a sudden rush. 

He nods once and leads her through the arch and into view of the guests that had gathered, all of them staring, some recording as she steps alongside her father carefully along the red carpet littered with petals.

Ahead, Atsumu watched, tears shining in his eyes as he looked on in beguiled awe. "So beautiful," his lips uttered, looking absolutely like the luckiest man in the world as her hand was finally placed in his. 

Misaki stared into his brown eyes, flashbacks of their past coming to the forefront as the Minister went on to officiate the wedding. She was so lost in thought that Atsumu had to nudge her for her part. "Hmm? OH! Yes, I do," she speaks, cheeks flaming in embarrassment for getting lost in thought.

Atsumu gives her a cheeky grin, looking back at the minister. "And do you, Miya Atsumu take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife, for richer and for poor, in sickness and in health, till death do the both of you part?" He asks. 

"I do," Atsumu grins.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now ki-" he doesn't get to finish, Atsumu swoops Misaki into his arms, his lips crashing to hers as tears shed from the both of them as they share a passionate kiss. 

Cheers erupt, people standing and throwing flower petals at the newly married couple, and some at each other. But Misaki and Atsumu were stuck in their own little world. In their eyes, everyone else had disappeared, if only for a moment. 

When they finally came back to the present, they declared that the after party would soon begin. Guests began to get up and one by one file into the ball room that had been rented out, the smell of food and drink permeating the air even over the scent of flowers. 

But Misaki had no appetite. Instead she was on cloud nine. She had finally married her partner for life, and her twins were now held in her arms, both dressed up and looking around curiously at the scenery. 

"I can't believe that we finally did it," Atsumu whispers to her. Misaki smiles. "I know. We could have just had it done at the government office," she points out. Atsumu just shakes his head. "I always said you deserved more. The best that I could give. And I meant every word. Let's go greet and mingle with our guests. Tonight, we will be kid free, and we can... Discuss the future," he grins.

Misaki blushes. Not much discussing would actually be going on that night. But she was okay with that. 

The night seemed to fly by. Guests partied. Some got drunk. Bokuto was the one who was the most drunk out of all the guests, and embarrassed himself by getting on the stage to sing a sappy song. Kiyoomi, finally irritated dragged him off the stage. And when all the night activities were over and Misaki was home... They had that discussion. Over and over again.