Chapter 6

The trip to Misaki's family's home was in Tokyo. So that weekend, Atsumu cleared his schedule and the two of them travelled 2 hours and 10 minutes by bullet train and then rented a car to drive the last 20 minutes. The whole ride, Misaki had napped, her head resting on Atsumu's shoulder and the gift bag resting between their feet. As she saw the familiar neighborhood flash past from the passenger window of the car, her eyes survey the sky. The bright blue sky was shining, very few  clouds in the sky. Following the directions to her parent's home, Atsumu drives steadily, not minding the music. 

Today was a family get together and Misaki's mother, brother, sister and cousins were attending. Sakusa's older sister Fuyuko was coming from Kyushu, this being the first time Misaki would see her in three years. Sakusa had went ahead the night before and drove the entire way. To say that Misaki was nervous with the way she was about to release her news was a total understatement. She was second thinking about this trip entirely. But she wouldn't be able to hide her body changing much longer. Having twins meant that she was growing larger much quicker than she wanted. In a few weeks, everyone would know and it would no longer be a secret. 

Atsumu had decided he was going with her, not wanting her to face this alone. He figured her parents would freak out over her having not just one baby but two with someone who was a complete stranger to them. Secretly, Misaki was relieved to have him with her so that she didn't have to do this all on her own. Atsumu pulls into the driveway of a large house, the outside built in both modern and traditional Japanese style. Parking, the setter gets out and walks around the car, letting Misaki out. Misaki reaches down and straightens the loose summer dress, having decided to go with something more flowy than form fitting. 

Atsumu reaches forwards and brushes a strand of hair out of her face. "Ya look fine. Let's go in. Are ya ready?" He asks, giving her a worried look. Nodding, she takes his hand and leads him up the path, the rose bushes lining the path making the air smell heavenly in their red, peach and pink hues. Stepping up to the front door, Misaki doesn't bother ringing the bell or knocking, instead opening it and walking right inside. 

The sound of plates clattering reaches their ears as they step through the threshold of the warm home, taking note of the coffee with cream color walls and the warm, inviting atmosphere. Atsumu follows behind as Misaki takes off her shoes, grabbing a pair of house slippers for the both of them before handing a pair to Atsumu. "Here, these should fit those giant feet of yours," She tells him with a small smile as she slips on her own. Nodding, he throws them on and then follows her through the house. 

Coming into the Kitchen, Misaki notes that everyone was already there except for Ayame, Misaki not seeing any sign of her blonde sister anywhere. Koyuki Sakusa, Misaki's mother turns around and freezes, dropping the plate she was holding onto the counter as she rushes around it to give Misaki a hug. "Misa! Kosuke, Misaki is home!" She cries in joy as she rushes into her daughter's open arms, her dark blonde hair covering the both of them. The tall man at the stove turns and glances back, his jet black hair framing his dark green eyes which light up at the sight of his oldest daughter. 

The moment he catches Atsumu beside her, he frowns in confusion. "Is that Miya Atsumu?" He asks in confusion, making Kiyoomi, whom was at the table turn in confusion as well. "What's that germ doing here?" He asks in confusion, looking between Misaki and Atsumu. Misaki laughs lightly. "We're dating, Oomi. Besides, I figured the timing was right to bring him home. Atsumu, this is my mom, my dad, Minato, my twin brother. Fuyuko, Oomi's older sister, my aunt Haruna and uncle Kaien. Where's Ayame?" She stops as she looks for the tiny blonde. 

Her father rolls his eyes. "In the shower. She will be down in a bit. Was the travel okay for the both of you then?" He asks, looking Atsumu over from the corner of his eye. This doesn't go unnoticed by Misaki who heaves a sigh. "I hate sitting on the train for that long but yes. I slept most of the way here," She admits, not being a fan of travelling by the bullet train at all. Kosuke nods, turning back around to grab the pie he had pulled out when they arrived. Misaki's stomach grumbles, making her groan slightly under her breath loud enough for only Atsumu to hear her.