Chapter 10

The steady sound of the beeping monitors coupled with the drip drip of the IV in Misaki's arm was echoing like a bad song in Atsumu's ears. The blonde setter had fallen asleep with his chin on the edge of Misaki's bed. It had been two days already and the gentle rock songstress had still not woken. Doctors came by often, checking her vitals and running tests. An ultrasound was conducted a few times during this time to ensure that their children were doing alright. To check and see if there was still a heartbeat to be heard for them.

The only relief was that none of their vitals had declined. And all that was left was the waiting game. If she woke up wasn't a question, but when. Along with the nurses coming in and out of the darkened room, both of their families had also come and gone. During this time, a bond had developed. Misaki had no idea that in her absence from the conscious world, the Miya family had already bonded with the Sakusa family. The two that were not to be found currently, however was the youngest Miya and Koemi Miya who was in college.

In the two days that Misaki laid in the hospital bed, the news ran rampant. Video footage was taken from civilians of what had went on, and rumors had set off. The world now knew three things.

Knowing number one: Misaki was pregnant. That much had made the news though Atsumu had no idea the source.

Knowing number 2: Atsumu Miya was the father. The knowledge had slipped out as a concerned neighbor videoed the scene of Atsumu crying as he climbed into the ambulance, placing his hand on Misaki's battered body.

And finally, they knew that she had been nearly murdered.

It had played every day, all day on almost every single news channel. The news circulated like wildfire. That a deranged man had broken into Japan Rockstar Misaki Sakusa's home, catching her unaware and that he had attempted to Sexually assault the female but upon discovering she had been pregnant, had beaten her mercilessly. The man had already confessed to his wrongdoings. He would be tried and convicted in court. But what the public did not know was what condition their favorite rock star was in. In the one time that Atsumu had left the hospital he had been swarmed.

But Atsumu did not deign to comment. So instead, the hospital had implemented every security measure they had to make sure that no one except for patients were allowed inside. The entire third wing on the fourth floor was restricted and had guards on duty. No one would get in or out unnoticed. Anyone who had to visit her had a special pass that recognized them as approved visitors. But even throughout all this, Misaki slept peacefully, her green eyes shut in a seemingly never ending slumber. There was no telling when she would wake. But the social worker had a theory.

Sitting down with the social worker and her personal doctor, they surmised that because of the trauma, Misaki had fallen into a deep sleep to cope. Her healing was going as well as could be given the circumstances. However, because the room was silent aside from the beeping and the dripping and the occasional clack of shoes down the halls, Atsumu had felt like he was being driven mad. Misaki, the sassy and gentle woman had captured his heart in just a few short weeks. With this knowledge, the blonde setter knew deep in his heart that when she woke up, he would tell her he loved her.

He would protect and provide for her, regardless of what anyone thought. He knew somewhere deep in his heart that this was where he was meant to be, even had he not met Misaki the way he had. His breath rises steady, dreams overtaking his tired body. This was the first time he had slept since he had left the Sakusa household in Tokyo almost 72 hours ago. His worn and tired physique slumped heavily from his chair, his hand flat across Misaki's stomach. The whole night, he had talked to his children, to his soulmate.

And in their deep slumber, he had made sure to tell them about all the things that he wanted to do with them. The life he had planned to live with them. Regret had been as thick as his tears, sorrow pulling him into sleep as he had finally snored openly for the first time in days. The snick of a door opening quietly did nothing to disturb the two sleeping next to one another. The dark grey blue eyes of Minato find the two sleeping. Ruffling his hair with a hand he comes closer and places a hand on her arm.