Chapter 19

Atsumu was pretty sure he could figure out how to get the person who orchestrated this behind bars. He was currently at the police station, giving them the newest piece of evidence that had been found, the letter that had been taped to his doorway. His hope was that when they dusted it for fingerprints, they would not just find his or Misaki's.

He was unsatisfied with the pace that the police department was working at. His season was about to end and his focus wasn't where it should be. Instead it was all over the place. His dog was shot and his fiancée and children taken, presumably by his jealous ex. 

Atsumu was not okay. As much as he tried to pretend, he was falling apart. It had been two days already. Most missing persons who were not located in the first 48 hours were usually never found alive. His night terrors were vivid.

Him searching until he finds her dead, empty eyes staring up at him from a drainage ditch in the middle of no where. He would wake sweating and screaming. He couldn't focus. Just going to get Delta, he almost got into an accident. Atsumu was drained.  He needed a nap, but was too terrified to close his eyes. 

Sleeping wasn't going to find them. And neither, apparently was the useless cop that was seated in front of him, examining the letter with gloved hands before shoving it into an evidence bag. "Alright, Mr. Miya. We'll examine this for fingerprints. We will get back to you if we find somethi-" he stops as a knock sounds on his office door.

"We found the van in the Sakusa case. It's currently in town. The license plate matches up as well as the description. We have a squad of unmarked following loosely behind to see where it goes," the grunt tells the Chief of Police as he bursts in through the door excitedly. 

The news gave Atsumu a second wind. Maybe she would be found today! He could only hope so. But he made up his mind that he wanted to be there, no matter what the cost. 

With a careful breath, he looks at the man who came in and asks a simple question.

"Where where they last spotted?" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MISAKI 

Misaki had a good eye of the layout during her potty break. She now knew they were underground in the basement of some sort of building. She also knew that her twins were being kept in the same building. Things weren't certain. She still had no idea how she was going to get out of here. There were at least 3 other people here besides herself that she had seen. But she couldn't count on that being a definite answer.

Worry consumed her, and she needed to think things through carefully. With two rather large men, she wouldn't be able to get away unless she could outsmart her opponents. To boot, there was a camera in her room that observed everything she did. Misaki couldn't afford a mistake.

After a lot of thinking, she was ready to put her plan into motion. She had swiped the paperclip that was on the stack of papers when she wrote Atsumu the letter. She just hoped that he had gotten the subtle message she left him and the clue.

After she was chained back up, no one noticing the paper clip that was inserted into the waistband of her pants. They had relaxed her hands enough for Misaki to "Scratch" her hips. 

Since Misaki was shackled, the camera's weren't watched as strongly. So when she retrieved the paper clip, they hadn't seen her. They missed watching her twist the clip around in the hole until it clicked. They missed Misaki unlocking both cuffs.

So when they looked back at the monitor and saw her in the same place as they left her, they thought nothing of it. She was sleep deprived... But she needed to stay awake. After all, when things fell apart, something would need to take place of the previous plan in order to make it out alive.