Chapter 9

"It's about Sakusa Misaki... There was some damage to her body, a few broken ribs, a fractured cheekbone, her skull has hairline fractures and her femur was broken. She also had a cervical incompetence, most likely due to the injuries sustained. We had to perform an emergency Cervical Cerclage. Means we had to sow her cervix shut," He clarified when Atsumu gave him a confused look. Atsumu swallows around the lump in his throat. "And the babies?" he asks, worry sweeping over him. "They should be okay. There was no damage to her uterus or belly at all," He assures.

For the first time in his life, Atsumu felt completely helpless and relieved at the same time. "I'm glad she will recover," he breathes, feeling his heart rate slowly begin to slow. The doctor nods along with him, looking over as a hand is placed on Atsumu's shoulder. He looks back and nearly chokes, emotion sweeping over him as his mother, father, brother and sisters stand behind him, the ultimate source of support. The doctor offers him a small smile and then gets back to business. "I do need to make you aware... Because of the surgery we had to perform, it is very likely she will be on bedrest until the rest of her pregnancy."

Atsumu's mother looks up at her son, taking in a deep breath before turning to the doctor. "We will make sure she has everything she needs taken care of. She will not be alone," she assures him. Whether or not she had been with her son very long, Atsumu's family had come to adore her in a very short time, and considered Misaki family. Family took care of their own. His mother stood firm on that belief, lived by it even. And Atsumu could not be more grateful for it.

Atsumu's father nodded his head, looking over at his son. "If you can't get time off, we will take time off until you can. Our bosses have cleared us for at least a week. We will be here to help you," His father assures. Osamu also nods his head. "My shop will be closed for a while as well. Let's get her through this," He agrees, his deep and husky voice filling the air. The doctor offers them all a smile, then turns to Atsumu, who had teared up, the salty liquid dripping down his cheeks.

"Now that that is taken care of, you should come to the back and get that treated. If you don't, it could wind up infected," he says, looking down. His mother covers her mouth and gasps, looking horrified. "My poor baby!" She chokes, coming closer to him. Osamu winces, making a face. "Is that... A stab wound?" He asks, his gray eyes meeting his twins chocolate brown ones. Atsumu shrugs, offering a small smile. "It doesn't hurt," he lies. It did hurt. Like hell, but he had prioritized Misaki. A doctor fixing him up was one less working on her.

Even though he had been selfish and self centered as a teen, this was not who he wanted to be anymore. He had a family that would need him. He decided he would be the best version of himself he could be. He wanted to be a good example for his kids. One thing was sure, this had caused him to realize that he wanted Misaki as close to him in his future as could be. He couldn't see a future without her in it. The thought was painful and reminded him of a bullet to the heart. Being stabbed was nothing compared.

Atsumu looked back at his family, noticing Momoko approaching from the entrance. "I'll be back soon. Aoki, I will give ya an answer when I come back," He calls to Misaki's best friend. She raises her hand in a gesture that meant 'Take care of yourself' and went to sit in a chair in the waiting room. Turning, Atsumu follows the doctor back through the doors to get his side cleaned and stitched. Leading him to an empty room, the doctor makes him lift his shirt, blinking as he looks at the wound on the blonde setter's otherwise immaculate body.

Giving a sigh, he shakes his head. "You really should have let me treat it earlier. It is already beginning to show signs of infection," the doctor shakes his head as he prepares a numbing shot and an antibiotic shot. Injecting both one after the other, he offers a small smile to Atsumu. Picking up the needle and stitches, he sows the skin closed, the wound only needing a couple of stitches. When he was done, he swabs iodine over it and places a clean bandage over the wound. "Keep it clean. The stitches will come out on their own."