Chapter 5

The feeling of being carried nearly woke Misaki. She could feel a pair of strong yet gentle arms around herself, lulling herself back to sleep. Atsumu quietly carried her in the door, swiftly resetting the alarm like he was taught to do a week ago. A bouncy, Happy husky comes down the hallway, her nails skittering on the floors. Wincing lightly, Atsumu shushes the dog, walking past her and up to Misaki's bedroom. 

As he gets in there, he flips the lamp on beside the bed and lays her down gently, removing her shoes and her coat. This woman made him soft. Made him want to do better. To be better. Not just for himself but for her as well. For the family he was going to welcome into the world. Before, he had been cocky, arrogant and childish. But now, he was gaining maturity and even if still cocky and arrogant, he was trying to be a better man.

As he takes the last of her clothes that needed discarded, the moves the blanket over her, making sure she was warm and comfy. The moment he turns to leave, a small hand grasps  his own and he turns to look at Misaki. The woman peers up at him sleepily, a soft smile on her face. "Tsumu... Don't go. Please stay," She whispers softly, patting the side of the bed next to her. She looks up at him hopefully and the blonde gives a small smile before slipping off his shoes and coat, joining her in the bed.

"Are ya sure?" He asks quietly, wrapping his arms around her and pulling the smaller woman into his chest. Misaki hums. "Yeah, it I weren't I would have let you drive home late," She tells him quietly. Atsumu hums in response, relaxing as he pulls her into him, enjoying her warmth. As the two lay together, Misaki was lulled into a deep sleep, not hearing Atsumu's next words to her.

"Ya know, Misa.... I think I'm falling for ya," He whispers, stroking her hair from her face in soft, gentle sweeps of his hands. Realizing she was still asleep, he sighs and kisses her cheek, starting to fall asleep himself. His last image of the night was Misaki's peaceful sleeping face so close to his as he tried to imagine what their lives would be like in the future.

~❤~❤~❤~❤~❤~

The sun rose, making Misaki squint her eyes. The singer was used to getting up before the sunrise, but for some reason, she was waking with the sun today. She glances over at the side of the bed Atsumu was sleeping on, only to find that it was empty and made. "Was I dreaming last night?" She wonders to herself, looking around the empty room. Before the could get too far into it, Atsumu appears, carrying a tray of breakfast. 

Blinking, she looks down at the omurice, fruit and coffee on it all arranged cutely. "I made ya breakfast since I woke first," He tells her, smiling proudly at himself even though Omurice was really easy to cook. Misaki cracks a smile and grins at him, her eyes lighting up. "You even did the coffee just the way I like it," She laughs, her eyes twinkling at the prospect of someone making food for her. At that moment, her stomach chooses to growl, making the woman blush in embarrassment.

"Eat. Yer eating for three, so I don't mind. I already ate anyway. I got up two hours ago," He tells her nonchalantly. Misaki looks at her alarm clock and gasps. "It's already 9 am? Our appointment is at 10:30!" she cries, eyes widening slightly. Atsumu laughs under his breath. "Relax, I already ran ya a bath while ya were asleep. It should still be hot if ya want to eat breakfast and then get in," He tells her.

That immediately touched her heart. She would never have imagined the man to be this thoughtful or to have planned this far ahead. But here he was, surprising her. And not in a bad way either. Giving a nod of her head, she scoops up some of the omurice, blinking when it is even better than she expected. "This is really good," She murmurs, taking another bit of the food. 

Atsumu laughs. "Just because my brother is a chef doesn't mean I don't know how to cook," He tells her. In reality, he had called his brother and asked for instructions the whole time he was cooking the dish for her. Otherwise he probably would have burned it. Keeping that to himself, he felt pleased that he could actually surprise her on something. He heads to the bathroom, checking on her water. Finding that it was still hot, he lays out a towel and wash cloth, adding therapeutic oils to the water.