Chapter 21

It was like Misaki had come home to a new reality. Atsumu and Misaki quickly sold the house she had originally lived in, buying another a little ways out of town with a more open space, yard and less clustered than directly in the city. But nothing stopped the nightmares. The trauma had been deeply ingrained, causing Misaki to need more therapy and counseling. It wasn't easy, at times, she woke in a panic, panting like she was running. 

Atsumu was not particularly a patient man, but in this scenario, he knew nothing but time and therapy would help. His Volleyball season was over, and that meant that he had time to be home and help with Kaen and Nozomi. He shouldered her through it, knowing that Misaki needed normalcy to heal. The dogs helped. Moving helped more. Once again, Bokuto and Hinata helped him move things from one place to another.

With the season being over, Atsumu had more time to be where he was needed. He didn't have too many outside thoughts except for his family during this time. It had been weeks since Misaki had come home and it was like everything had changed for the umpteenth time and he didn't know how to help other than to just be supportive. 

By this time, both of their families had visited, ensured that everyone was physically okay and then needed to return back to their respective work lives. The hardest part for Misaki was trying to feel normal. To go to sleep in another room from her babies and not dream of them being ripped from her. The trauma was stifling. 

In the end, Misaki sought to go to therapy, recovering bit by bit. During this time, Delta had not left her side, healing with her. The 24 year old singer had developed PTSD and would have anxiety attacks, but the dutiful Delta stuck through them. He became her sanity. And in the times where she thought that she would collapse to the anxiety, there was a light in the dark. 

It took forever, for what it felt like for Misaki to come out of her shell. Atsumu, ever patient was there to help. But the only way to go from down is up. Atsumu knew this. This morning, he was determined to wake her to breakfast in bed, not being a fantastic cook like his brother, but instead being passable. He balances a tray of waffles, sausage and bacon on one hand while he opens the bedroom door with another. 

"Misa? I made breakfast," He murmurs, reaching behind him to grab the coffee on the hallway end table, setting both on the table by her bed. Misaki sits up, rubbing her eyes as she eyes the food with a small smile. "It looks great. Where's our kids?" she asks, looking around for them. Atsumu smiles, tousling her hair. "My sister and Oomi have them for a few hours. She's been begging to spend time with them. Besides, ya could use some relaxation time," he tells her.

Misaki hums, making a face. "I booked us both a trip to the masseuse. Ya need one," he kisses her cheek. Misaki did need one. The trial had been delayed and she couldn't rest well because of the anxiety. Atsumu knew this and did his best to distract her, the proceeding having been delayed and pushed out by several months. It wasn't fair to her.

After a moment, Misaki turns her brilliant green eyes to Atsumu, biting the inside of her cheek. "Tsumu.... I'm sorry for everything I've put you through," she whispers softly. His heart breaks a little bit, but the blonde places a finger under her chin, tipping her eyes to meet his milk chocolate orbs. 

"Sorry for what? Yer worth everything. Yer a warrior. Carry yerself proud, Misa. Ya overcame everything that was thrown at ya, jumped over and bashed through all the hurdles and came out on top, just like I'm sure ya will this time. Ya were worth every scare, every pain, every moment. And I'd do it all again, knowing at the end of the day there would be someone like ya waiting for me at the end of it. Sure, ya went through hell. But what makes ya who ya are is the Misa I know doesn't quit or run. She squares her shoulders and tells the world to bring it on. That is the woman I am proud to some day marry. I'm proud of ya, Misa," Atsumu tells her, lightly placing his lips on hers.

Misaki leans into the kiss, humming pleasantly until Atsumu pulls back, patting her leg. "Eat. I need to check in with Bokuto, he said something about being somewhere in Seto for some reason," he shakes his head. Misaki raises an eyebrow, a thoughtful look on her face.

"What reason would Bokuto have for going to Seto?" She asks curiously. Atsumu shrugs. "He's roommates with Kuroo and Kuroo said something about visiting his younger sister. I don't know all the details. I think Bokuto went with him because he hates being left alone," he breathes. Misaki had met Kuroo twice, both times with Atsumu and the team. She had no idea he had a little sister. 

Atsumu fiddles with his phone, the black and gold case glittering in the light as he dials Bokuto's number. "Hey, where are ya? Wait.... What?! Ya know.... That asshole.... No, I hate that snake too. He's a bastard. I think I can arrange that for ya... It'd be good for Misa to have more friends too. No, I don't think It'll be an issue, just tell me when we can come over, drive home safe," Atsumu speaks, confusing Misaki whom was currently eating breakfast. 

He flops his phone on the bed and lays back, looking wowed. "What... Just happened? You look like you got unexpected news," Misaki frowns. Atsumu blinks before sitting up. "Well... There was this guy from another team in high school. He was a nasty, devious bastard. An underhanded snake... It turns out, he was dating Kuroo's little sister and he cheated on her.... Many times at that. And she's pregnant. She's coming back with Bokuto and Kuroo and will probably need a friend," he looks to Misaki for approval.

"Say no more... Men like that are sick. Let me know when we can go over, I'll see what I can do," Misaki smiles softly as she thinks of the new person she had never met before. 

Atsumu frowns. "It just makes me hate Daishou even more. He's always been a good for nothing," Atsumu shakes his head. "Yeah, you said that. I don't know him but if he cheated on his girlfriend.... That says a lot about him," Misaki hums around the last bite of her breakfast. Quickly, she washes it down with coffee, peering at the pink coffee mug that reads "Momzilla" With a snort. 

"Really? Did you really buy a cheesy mug like that?" She laughs. Atsumu smirks and points to a blue mug that reads "Dadzilla." "So what if I did?" He teases, making the woman laugh as she sets down her mug, Atsumu pouncing on her. Misaki lets out a squeal and squirms under him as he tickles her sides, eliciting laughter carefree and loud from his otherwise quiet fiancée. 

"Alright! Alright! Truce! I surrender!" Misaki squeals for mercy. 

Cockily, the blonde setter kisses her lips, an eyebrow raised as he backs away. "Oh? Then I take it that's a token of surrender?" He preens, twitching his long, slender fingers evilly. 

"Atsumu Miya! Don't you DARE!" Misaki squeaks as she tries to  get off the bed, Atsumu catching her in his arms before she got too far. "Surrender now. Yer loss is imminent," he cackles, rubbing his face against the side of her neck. The soft breath tickles, Misaki melting like chocolate against him. "Alright. You win," she smiles, feeling at ease for once since she had come home.

He wraps his arms around her waist, holding her close. "I love ya, Misa. No matter what. No matter how. No matter when. Ya gave me everything. Now let me give ya everything. Please..." He looks up at her, vulnerability in his eyes. 

The look, so tender makes her heart tremble. "Of course," she breathes, turning in his lap to press their lips together. Small kisses turn to deep, passionate ones, each one destined to curl her toes as she melts beneath the warm body of sunshine that was Atsumu. 

Kisses turned to licks and bites. To items of clothes being removed. To panting, sweating and soft, delectable moans as the man she loved finally conquered every single inch of her. 

Her skin buzzed alive with pleasure, her moans echoing as he touched her inside and out. And it continued on the bed. On the bathroom counter. And into the shower. 

All until they were almost late for their appointment for the day. 

But Misaki didn't regret it. She was picking herself back up.

She was going to be free.