park sunghoon - die for you 🌅

enhypen sunset series five

note: "even though we're going through it and it makes you feel alone, just know that i would die for you."

a/n: lol sorry guys

soulmate!au

tw: death, mentions of abuse

- linden

"Look at how beautiful the moon is." You waved at the sky and the glowing white figure hanging in the dome of the world far above you. It was times like these when the world is bathed in darkness that you reverted to seeing the world the way you did before you met your soulmate. Sunghoon chuckled and reached up to your hand that was suspended in the air, lacing his fingers with yours. You glanced to your side, examining the delicate side profile of the boy you loved. There was a soft glint of light reflecting off the bridge of his nose and the curvature of his lips. You used to be uncaring about meeting your soulmate, it wasn't important to you before, but now that you've met him, you wouldn't give up anything to go back to that snooty younger version of yourself.

Your gaze flickered back up to the sky. It was moments like these where things faded into black white and grey like it used to be, that you wondered how life would be without him. Sunghoon brought down your hand and kissed your knuckles. You sighed softly, your gaze registering the soft yellowish glow of lightning bugs moving around in the grass and in the night sky. That was something you weren't able to see before. The soft tone of the warm firefly glow, the faint dark green that was hidden beneath the layers of charcoal atop the trees.

There was beauty in everything, so much more than there was before you knew Park Sunghoon. He simply made your world so much brighter.

———

Your eyes flickered open and you clutched your sheets, attempting to get bearings of where you were. You were in your own bed in your own home. You steadied your breathing. Sunghoon shifted beside you, his breath brushing your cheek. The moon still reigned high and mighty outside your window although your star gazing session had ended long ago, the blanket you'd been sitting on draped over your desk chair. You wondered how long you'd been asleep before you started awake. You wondered why it was that you were awake. Then you realized why.

You jolted into an upright position, listening to your single mother's faint footsteps. She was greatly averted to soulmates. Your father had been her soulmate but he'd betrayed her anyway. For that reason, she believed that it was all a biological lie to have a soulmate, even if you gain your ability to see colors when coming in contact with them. She believed it was a random person, not your soulmate. You believed that she was incorrect. You shook Sunghoon awake, his soft snores coming to a halt as he groggily opened his eyes. "Hm?"

"My mum is back, you have to get out of here."

Sunghoon cursed sleepily and threw the blankets off of his body, swinging his legs out of bed. He stretched and you watched his shirt ride up slightly, revealing a sliver of his pale stomach. You came around to his side of the bed and tugged his shirt down. He smiled at you softly. You smiled back sadly. After a brisk moment of consideration, he leaned in for a kiss but you stopped him. "You'll make me miss you more." Sunghoon sighed. "Fine." He grabbed his sweater where it had been discarded then reevaluated, tossing it into your arms. He turned and began to push open the window.

You flinched slightly when it creaked, dropping his sweater on your bed and joining him. "Stupid window." You mumbled. You finally got the window open wide enough for him to throw a leg over and duck underneath. He balanced carefully on the roof outside your window for a moment. He grasped your hand. "I love you."