sim jaeyun - gold

note: inspired by the song Afraid by The Neighborhood "when i wake up, i'm afraid, somebody else might take my place.."

a/n: happy jake day! sorry about the angst :(

tw: angst

1194 words

- linden

You couldn't breathe.

"Jake.." Your breath came out rushed and you could feel tears prick your eyes. "Jake."

"I trust you..but I'm scared..."

"Jake..."

A giggle escaped your lips as Jake stuck his head into your neck, his breath warm. You kicked with your legs playfully, "Get off!" You shrieked. He giggled as well, sweet and innocent. Slowly, his fingers ran up your skin softly until they came to your stomach.

And he started tickling you. You screamed and squirmed beneath him, "Jake nooo! Help me!" You cried out, knowing the other members were in the house and could hear you.

Unfortunately, no one came to your rescue, but Jake eventually grew bored and collapsed on you, giggling.

You were lying flat on your back on the couch, but you reached up with your hands to play with Jake's hair. "Sleep with me tonight?" Jake breathed.

"Hmm.." You mumbled, "I'll call my members and let them know I won't be coming back to the dorms."

"Yaay, we can cuddle." Jake smiled into your chest. "You're like a puppy," You smiled, "But right now I'm hungry and I need to call my members."

Jake pushed himself off, only stopping when he was hovering over you to give you a teasing glance. Your skin flushed as you pushed him away and got up to go to the kitchen, "Stop it." You said, trying to hide your shy smile.

Jake followed after you and wrapped his arms around your waist as you walked around. Brushing aside your hair, he placed small butterfly kisses on the back of your neck.

Jungwon stared at you two from the corner, pouting with his juice box, "Ew." He turned and walked away. You couldn't hide your amused laugh at his antics.

You finally finished cutting your strawberries and shuffled back to the couch with Jake still clinging to you. He didn't even let go when you tried to sit down, so you ended up sitting on his lap with his arms around your waist.

You shifted to pull your phone out of your pocket and turned it on. You popped a strawberry slice in your mouth and chewed on it as you scrolled through your phone. You smiled at the positive comments about your group's comeback, simultaneously feeding a strawberry slice to Jake, who rested his head on your shoulder.

You exited the app and pressed the phone app to call one of your members. "Put it on speaker." Jake mumbled through a strawberry slice. "Okay." You replied.

The call rang only once before your member picked up. Jake swallowed his strawberry, "Hi noona, can y/n sleep here tonight?"

You could hear giggles in the background from your other members. She must have put it on speaker as well. "Not like that, unnie!" You complained. "Yeah, yeah." She said. "Whatever. But you have to be back by eight tomorrow morning, we have a busy day."

"Don't worry noona, it'll be hard but i'll return y/n." Jake said over your shoulder.

"Thank you y/n's boyfriend, I mean Jake." Your maknae yelled into the phone. "Goodbye!" They all chimed. Then they hung up.