pov: enhypen as princes

a/n: heavily inspired by that video^

tw: none

1177 words

- linden

You didn't hate life as royalty but you didn't love it either. You knew it was easier but you despised the array of tireless classes and meetings with other royalty. You knew it was a stuck up and spoiled thing to say, but you disliked it anyway.

The particular dinner you attended now..was peculiar.

It was a family with seven sons, seven princes. All adopted and with a boy named Heeseung in line for the king. The castle was beautiful, more aesthetically pleasing than yours with curved golden arches and milky pale and off-white walls.

You were served with beautiful delicacies and there were pink roses and cloudy white candles all about the dinner table. Glasses with beautiful embellishments were filled with a starry champagne that you had no intention of drinking, just maybe a little for appearance's sake.

————

When the first of the family's sons entered, you could've sworn your blood ran cold. He was strikingly beautiful with his hair dyed a snowy silver and his eyes a pool of dark browns.

His frame was slim but strong, lithe and perfect.

He sat down lightly but reclined like he had better things to do. In no more than a moment, he had straightened and was fixing you with a stare. It was the sort of stare that gave you chills you could barely understand.

You recalled that this prince's name was Sunoo. He was one of the younger princes and struck you as handsome in so many ways. His eyes were cold, endearing.

The second of the princes was a pale boy with pretty little beauty marks and even prettier hands. His eyes were sleepy and dark. He entered and approached his chair. For a moment before sitting down he inspected the array of foods and chose a ripe red apple.

He examined it before playfully tossing it up in the air.

The queen, who had been sitting silently for so long, finally spoke up. "Sunghoon, stop playing with your food. We have guests." She hissed at his impolite behavior. Grudgingly, he sat down. "Fine.." He instead took a small slow bite of the apple and touched his glass with his lips, not exactly drinking and eyeing the new faces in the room as he did so. His gaze curiously lingered on yours until you looked at the table with your cheeks flushed.

The third prince to find his way into the dining room was an attractive boy with a finely made up face and the prettiest rose petal shaped lips. His name, as you recalled, was Jake. As he walked, he messed with his royal blue and golden blazer and kept his eyes on the ground.

The first thing he did when he approached the table was to gently lean onto the back of his chair and fix you with a gaze. With a small tilt of his head and his lips slightly parted, he inspected you.

"Who's this?" He asked. He didn't get an answer because, by that time, another of the princes had entered.

This prince was one of the younger princes and raven haired with deep beautiful eyes. He walked calmly to his chair and took it. He adjusted the ruffles at his collar and glanced at you briefly with a tilt of his head. "New guests?" He crossed his arms over his chest and the king sent him a short nod and frown.

His eyes darted about before fixing on the table in front of him.

The next prince to enter was tall with a closed off manner and dark hair. He wore a loose white shirt of fine material that fell over him perfectly. At the cuff, a delicate piece of lace decorated it and showed a sort of magic flattery towards his hands as he traced the table.

Like the previous prince, Jungwon, this prince, who must've been Heeseung, sat calmly in his chair. He reclined in it comfortably, to which he got a glare from the queen, and studied you with a tilt of his head and his sleepy eyes.

When the next prince entered, you were struck by the sudden feeling that you couldn't breathe. Your heart had already been beating frantically, but you felt something else at the sight of him. This boy was one of the older princes, Jay and he didn't bother speaking.

He simply sat down and watched you with a strange sort of curiosity. His eyes were sharp and the gaze which he studied you with was almost frightening. Like Sunoo, Jay gave you chills. The same unexplainable type of chills, but different to the person.

You made it your job to stare at the finely carved table instead of at any of the princes.

That job was abandoned when the last prince entered, some time after the adults had started eating but you and all the princes sat around the table, visibly bored.

He was quite tall and was the younger of the princes. He had tipped eyes and a dotting of beauty marks. He walked with his hands in his pockets. "I came.." He said in a tone that suggested he didn't want to be there.

"Ni-ki! You're late!" The queen chided him. Your own mother looked unimpressed at his behavior. He put a hand to his cheek to hold himself up and looked around. If it weren't for him sitting near you, you wouldn't have heard his correction of his name before a mumbled, "Whatever.."

He leaned onto his hand before adjusting himself and laying his fingers in front of his lips. He studied you like that, through dark pretty slivers of eyes. It was this same gaze the princes kept giving you that caused chills to rack your body.

Each and every time they stared at you, the feeling, the chills, were different. Different for each prince, but each prince unexplainable. You looked up to find that Jake had sat down a while before and was watching you.

Chills and chills and chills. From the looks all of them gave you. A peculiar, almost attractive type of chills that coursed down your arms and around your belly.

You moistened your lips and picked up a fork to start eating. The boys followed suit to try and not seem to weird, making small talk with each other in pairs. Ni-ki, or Riki as you'd heard murmured, was left with no one and turned to you, but after turning flushed from his gaze, you pretended you didn't notice, immediately feeling bad.

Gosh, being around handsome boys was tasking. Tasking for both the heart and mind, it was probably tasking your soul too.

You carefully ate, minding the dumb manners and etiquette that had been drilled into you since you were little. I can survive this, you told yourself. No worries, just a bunch of really pretty boys. You shut yourself up with a bite of some delicacy, eating only half to your fill on means of your mother's preference.

Just a bunch of really pretty boys.