sim jaeyun - dreams 🌅

enhypen sunset series one

note: "i know it sounds super cliche, but you make me feel some type of way. this is falling, falling in love"

soulmate!au

a/n: they're not all idols in all these imagines, in this one, jake just happens to be an idol

tw: alcohol, crying

- linden <3

You lived in a world where it was impossible to see colors unless you made eye contact with your soulmate, and the day you hold the hands of your soulmate longer than a minute is the day you can see colors wherever, whenever. Many things had been tried before to let people see colors without having to meet their soulmates; surgeries, lenses, glasses, simulations, every thing you could think of had been tried, but to no avail.

The average age in finding your soulmate was between fifteen and seventeen, you weren't sure why the average age was so young, but you knew people often met their soulmates by that time. All of your family friends that were close in age to you had already found their soulmates, except for you. You were already nineteen, and scared you would never find someone. You'd heard stories before of people who'd found soulmates, but in a platonic way and had married someone else, and that was fine with you. But you'd heard stories before of people who had never found their soulmates and married someone else in the same situation, or someone who had found a soulmate, likewise platonically.

The only problem you had with all this, was that you could never imagine yourself living like that, with no color ever at all. Maybe it was selfish. You couldn't be sure.

It saddened you, but one day you came across a kpop group called Silence. They made you happy, happier than most people could. You were new to it, being a fan of them, but it was fun. It was a couple of days after you downloaded vlive and weverse to keep up with them, that things truly changed.

It was the first live of their's that you would ever watch. It was two of the youngest members at first, and even not understanding what they were saying, you found yourself grinning, tugging your blanket tighter around your shoulders and giggling like a fool.

Then it happened.

It felt like the entire world around you had taken a large glittering breath of silence that it refused to let go of. Your curtains stopped fluttering, the clatter of your fan as it spun silenced, although it continued to brush air in your direction. You didn't realize in the moment, that you, in the gray darkness of your room, were also holding your breath.

Jake walked into the screen with grins for his members, stared right into the camera, and into what felt just like you.

You'd heard before, that soulmates can see colors when they make eye contact even through video calls, and this moment, was exactly what that felt like.

You stared hard at your phone screen, and from the corner of your eye, the darkness around you turned blue with moonlight. You couldn't help but notice, the edges of your phone were rose gold, and the case your older, color-seeing sister had helped you picked out was a pleasant lavender backlit by the late night lights. Jake himself was lit with color, his skin this perfect warm shade between pale and tanned, and his eyes a glittering almost hot chocolate color. So perfect, and so colorful.

You placed a shaking, surprised hand over your mouth. There was color, you were seeing color. Jake furrowed his eyebrows and glanced away. The colors disappeared.

It was him. Sim Jaeyun.

This couldn't be true.

You began to cry.