yang jungwon - reflective

note: "..all the girls with heads inside a dream...but i live in a hologram with you.."

a/n: i'm not very happy with this but i hope u like it :/

tw: sadish

1399 words

- linden

Your five year old self gasped, studying the face of the glowing boy that stood in front of you on the playground. "Who..are you?" You squeaked. The boy looked like he was on fire in the stream of sunshine. He smiled a sweet dimpled smile and held out a small hand with streaks of colorful marker in Xs on the back.

"Yang Jung-won." He sounded out his name. "Who are you?" He tilted his head and tufts of his choco ball hair fell in his shining eyes. You smiled a little. "L/n Y/n." You sounded out your name similarly, in syllables.

Jungwon giggled a little, wrapping his fingers around yours and shaking. "Do you want..to be friends? Play on the play-ground?" He sounded out, blinking. You thought that it looked like hot cocoa colored glitter had been poured into his eyes. You nodded. "Okay. Do you want to come meet Mommy?"

Jungwon blinked and nearly pulled his hand away from you. Thinking twice as a five year old might, he leaned close to you, innocently whispering. "No, no, y/n-ssi. I am your secret friend. No telling." He held a finger up to his lips and smiled a little, holding onto your other hand like a vice.

"Um..okay." You mumbled. "You can be my secret friend." You hummed. "Do you want to be favorite friend?" You opened your eyes wide in question and smiled.

Jungwon giggled shyly. "Yes, yes!"

————

You grew up with him.

Your secret friend.

Your "favorite friend".

In every way a secret, like someone had locked up your lips and thrown away the key. No one should know, no one could know. You didn't question it until around third to fifth grade, but even then you said nothing.

Your "favorite friend" as if he didn't steal your first kiss from you at fifteen; unsure and new and sparking with feeling.

Simply put, Jungwon looked like magic.

Always like he was glowing and just so pretty. His boba eyes reflected all sorts of colors in the light, like a crystal looking glass. And always, he looked like he was on fire in the sunlight. It was a beautiful, ethereal feeling.

You loved being his "favorite friend".

————

"Won~" You spun around in your spinning chair, ignoring your homework. Jungwon looked over his journal, fiddling with his pencil and twirling it in a lock of his hair. "Hmm?" He hummed. You stopped spinning, sitting dizzy for a moment. "How come I can never visit your house? You're always coming here and to pick me up at school. I wish I could pick you up from school." You mumbled.

Jungwon gave you a soft look, his eyes filled with that endearing glitter. "I told you, I'm homeschooled. Besides," He smiled a tiny bit. "I'm your secret friend." He said softly. Even though you were a couple of feet away from where he sat on your bed, you felt chills go down your back.

You looked down. "Shut up, favorite friend." You mumbled, shifting on your chair and feeling your face go flushed. Jungwon laughed lightly. "Ahh, you're cute."

"Oh, don't you speak, dimple-won!" You objected, leaning a little out of your chair. Jungwon bit his bottom lip to try and hide a charming little laugh. "Okayy." He puffed up his cheeks and gave you a smile, his eyes shining. "But I know you need my kisses like medicine."