lee heeseung - shine 🌅

enhypen sunset series four

a/n: this is lowkey really bad lol

note: "it's you, it's you, it's all for you, everything i do, i tell you all the time, heaven is a place on earth with you, tell me all the things you want to do, i hear that you like the bad girls honey, and is that true? it's better than i ever even knew, they say that the world was built for two, only worth living if somebody is loving you, and baby now you do."

soulmate!au

tw: none

- linden

You couldn't see. You woke up one day and you couldn't see. You'd tried peeling your eyes open only to realize they were already open, wide. You'd screamed, calling your parents, scared, sobbing. Utterly terrified and hugging yourself.

It occurred to you later that it had to be close to impossible to find your soulmate now if you couldn't see a single thing. After listening to articles upon articles, it occurred to you afterwards that your soulmate could take a glimpse of you in the crowd, meet your unseeing eyes and realize it was you, except you would never know. How do people born blind find their soulmates? No matter how many articles you listened to, you came to the same conclusion. They didn't. Their soulmates would have to find them, and if their soulmate was also blind or failed to find them, there was no hope.

Even so, there was a man you believed wholly was your soulmate. You couldn't know for sure of course, you couldn't see him, but he was sweet and kind and made your stomach turn. At the same time, he made you feel completely at peace. It was a cause of fate that you'd met Heeseung. You didn't have enough money to go to a blind school nor did you have enough to afford a university out of state, so you went to the nearest community college and was paired with him at random on the basis of the classes you'd chosen and his previous experiences. You were adamant at first that you wouldn't need his help, convinced that all you needed was your walking stick, but eventually you grew to love having him around, not to mention your aligned schedules.

He was always careful with you and at first he would barely touch you other than holding your free arm. Then at some point he started holding your hand, and that he did casually. Sometimes under the benches, sometimes between the two of you as you walked. You became close with him and he became your best friend.

Maybe it was because you were craving for someone that you believed he was yours, but maybe it was also because he was such a genuine and caring person.

————

You were spending the night at Heeseung's for the first time. You'd proposed the idea to him, wanting to have a sleepover because you'd never had one before. Heeseung, having had friends over all the time in high school, offered to arrange it. Although you could take public transportation on your own if you were careful, Heeseung came to get you since it was after dark. As he brought you back to his place, he chattered childishly about all the snacks he'd bought while laughing. You could feel yourself smiling widely as he spoke, laughing loudly as well.

One hand clutched in yours and one holding onto your bag, Heeseung took you up in the elevator to his apartment. The moment you stepped into his apartment you felt comfortable. It was familiar for you'd been there so many times. The mismatched chairs that you couldn't see, the old sofa that had been there for years before Heeseung bought the apartment which was soft and worn from age.

"I've set up stuff for me on the ground if you want the bed and i can also sleep on the couch if you don't want me to sleep in the same room as you. We could also share the bed but i didn't think you would like that. What do....think?"