lee heeseung - summer love [part two]

a/n: if i didn't mention it last time, check spotify for the playlist (lee heeseung as your summer love)

tw: none

1455 words

- linden

You shifted nervously on the soft cushiony seat in the softly sunlit cafe. You and Heeseung had set a time that morning after the sleepover and you'd come a half hour early in your anxiety.

You didn't look up when you heard the familiar chime of the bell that signaled someone had entered. You'd already heard the bell a multitude of times, so, instead, you traced the swirls in the wooden table you sat at.

"Sorry, did I keep you waiting?"

You looked up, pleasantly surprised when you heard Heeseung's voice. You shook your head. "No, no. I just got here." You falsely assured with a kind smile. Heeseung sat down across from you and lightly brushed the hair out of his eyes. "You got here too early on accident, didn't you?"

"Am I really that obvious?" You asked. Heeseung laughed softly. "Not really. Just easy to read. Do you wanna go order?"

In response to his question, you peered around his shoulder to glance at the display of the menu that was plastered on the wall nearby. You hummed lightly, trying to hide your awkwardness. You really hated asking for things, it made you feel rude.

"What do you want?" Heeseung asked. "Sorry If I'm rushing you."

You felt heat rush up to your cheeks in a stupid way. "Um, I want, um, the, uh, can I have the oreo cheesecake milkshake?" You asked timidly. Gosh, you were embarrassing yourself so much.

Heeseung's lips turned up into a little smile at the way you tried to force an understandable sentence through your mouth. "Okay, I'll go order."

"What are you getting?" You asked, feeling all of a sudden curious. Heeseung shrugged. "I think I'll try the banana cream pie milkshake." He smiled. You smiled a small smile in return.

He got up from his seat and you watched as he took his wallet and went off to the counter to order. He shifted in place as he stood and waited. There was the clinking of coins as he payed, and then he brought back the milkshakes.

You clapped your hands sweetly in happiness. "I'll pay next time." You smiled as Heeseung put the milkshakes down. Your eyes were like glowing suns at the sight of the food.

"Next time?" Heeseung asked. He laughed when you were too occupied with the fluffy whipped cream topping your milkshake. "Right, next time." He said to himself.

You took the metal straw and stuck it in your smoothie. You smiled at the sweet taste. It was such a perfect taste.

You looked up from your smoothie at Heeseung. He'd eaten most of the whipped cream on his own smoothie and drank some, but now he was pouting at your glass. How cute.

"Do you want to try some?" You offered as you pushed your glass forward. Heeseung shook his head a little, but he wore a small smile. "No, no, It's fine-"

"You look like a puppy being kept from his food." You insisted with yet another small push on your glass. Heeseung gave you a soft-eyed look and his lips grew into a heart shaped smile.

Leaning forward a little, he took a sip from your milkshake. He offered you his. "Your turn." Also leaning forward, you took a small sip, then a bigger one. "Sorry." You leaned back with a hum. "It's good."

Heeseung smiled and studied your smiley face. He went back to his milkshake. "It is."

Your second date was the next week, and unless Aera was somehow involved, it was utterly and completely an accident.