Episode Nine: Tri-Stringer

(Start in the lobby. SPIDER, INKURA, BRIDGETT, and HIRO are watching SHUMI raise her Stringer.)

Shumi-The string on a Stringer is actually a tube for transporting ink.

(She pulls the tube back. The canisters fill with ink.)

Shumi-When you pull it back, it pulls back the plungers in each of the canisters, creating a vacuum for ink to flow in through the tube. Then you release the tube, and...

(She lets go of the tube, shooting three shots of ink at a dummy. [NOTE: In this series, Tri-Stringer shots don't explode...yet.])

Shumi-Bam! The plungers snap back into place, pushing all of that ink out!

Spider/Inkura/Bridgett-Whoa...

Shumi-I made it for hunting for food while the rest of the clan was out at sea, but it's not bad for shooting battlers, either.

Hiro-My dad liked it so much that he made more to sell. He also made his own model: the REEF-LUX 450.

Bridgett-I want one.

Hiro-Then go buy one. What's stopping you?

Bridgett-Alright! I'm gonna go buy one! Sheesh!

(She runs out.)

Zaki-Isn't she on deck for the next battle?

Spider-Don't you have access to that information?

(ZAKI checks her computer.)

Zaki-You know what, I'm gonna put you guys on hold. I don't think Bridgett can make it out there alone.

(Cut to Inkblot Art Academy. SHIVER and FRYE are commentating.)

Shiver-Our next Tower Control battle is at Inkblot Art Academy.

Frye-The team colors are pink and green.

(BRIDGETT and SHUMI are pink. BRIDGETT has a Tri-Stringer of her own. HIRO, SPIDER, and INKURA are green.)

Shiver-The pink team has two Tri-Stringers. What do you think of that, Frye?

Frye-Tri-Stringer might not be the best weapon for Tower Control, but Shumi is the Stringer OG. There's no way she's going to lose!

Shiver-Ready...

Shiver/Frye-Go!

(The players launch onto the arena. BRIDGETT starts using tap shots to cover the home base.)

Shiver-Stringers are a strange weapon. While they're made to be a sniping weapon, it seems people like using rapid shots to cover turf quickly.

(BRIDGETT aims for the tower and fires.)

Frye-Of course, this inevitably leads to the feared...

Shiver/Frye-REEF-LUX missile spam.

(BRIDGETT charges her Stringer, looking to splat someone.)

Frye-But now's not the place for that.

Bridgett-Where are they?

Shiver-Does no one here understand how Tower Control works?

Frye-There are two Sloshers and a Blaster on the field. I thought for sure one of them would get it.

(A green Killer Wail aims for BRIDGETT she runs away, losing her charge in the process.)

Shiver-Ooh! Bridgett drops the ball!

Frye-I guess it is hard to keep your charge while running away from a Killer Wail.