Ch#35: "Moments Like These"

Start from the beginning

She looked at me startled and then blushed when I winked at her playfully. Guess that'll never change and I love it.

Going outside, we met up with the receptionist who guided us outside with our luggage.

"And that's all Alpha. Hope to see you again," she spoke but I noticed her flirtatious tone making me force a smile and nod at her. 

"I'll kill this bitch," she said in our mate bond as I slightly smiled and pulled Maeve closer to me by her waist.

"Sure, if my mate wants to," I told her and gave a small smile at which the receptionist awkwardly looked away and left the scene. I could hear Maeve sigh as I shook my head at her jealousy.

"What?" Maeve asked, glaring at me as I refrained myself from laughing. She looked cute and hot at the same time.

"Nothing, I'm sorry," I apologized with a sad face and she just looked away holding my hand but I could see a small smile playing on her lips.

"Alpha Davien, here is the car. It'll take you to the airport," a guard told us and I nodded, sitting inside the Range Rover as Maeve entered from the other side.

The car ride was pretty much silent and as much as I wanted to talk, I didn't want the driver to overhear anything so I kept quiet. A few minutes passed and I felt Maeve's hand on my arm and I looked over at her. Her eyes were closed and small snores left her mouth indicating she slept.

I pulled her head towards my shoulder and laid her down so she could be more comfortable sleeping. It would take about 45 minutes to an hour to reach the airport so it would be good for her to sleep. And with the addition of her panic attacks, it would be best if she doesn't feel very tired as I know how tiring these panic attacks can be.

•••

Carefully laying her down on our private jet bed, I covered her with the blanket and went outside to drink some water.

We had reached our jet and Maeve hadn't woken up since, I mean she did squirm around in my arms but she didn't wake up fully.

As I drank the water, I decided to call Derek and get to know about the situation there as it would take half a day to reach back.

"Hey man, you in the plane?"

"Yeah, I wanted to ask about Jacob and Jeremy."

"They're bodies are at the morgue. Davien something weird is going on but I'll discuss it with you once you land back," he said, making me confused.

"What? What do you mean?"

"Davien, pack members are concerned about what happened. For now I want you to know that situation here isn't very nice until you come back. I have everything handled, don't worry about that," he spoke, his voice felt like he was scared making me clench my jaw.

"What the fuck? Aren't you handling it well? Derek tell me there's no chaos," I asked and I could feel him nervously chuckle while I had a straight face on.

"Yes and no, no chaos. We'll just discuss it once you get back," he spoke and hung up as I stared at my phone in annoyance. Man, he's so irritating.

I cursed under my breath sitting down on one of the comfortable seats and adding myself some wine. I heard footsteps moving towards me as I looked back to see a sleepy Maeve, rubbing her eyes. 

"Is everything okay my love?" I asked, looking up and putting my glass down as she approached me and signalled me to open my arms. I laughed as she sat on my lap and wrapped her arms around my neck, placing her head on my shoulder.