24

"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen,"

I sighed as I heard his voice through the speakers. Halos hindi ko na nga naayos ang trabaho dahil sa iisiping kasama ko ulit siya. Even from the briefing, I was already trembling because of nervousness. Hindi ko alam kung napansin iyon ng mga katrabaho ko ngunit kanina pa ako aligaga, kabaliktaran sa kung paano talaga ako magtrabaho.

After four years, he showed up in front of me again. I promised myself to never see him ever again but given the circumstances, was there anything else I could do?

Sa mga nakalipas na taon, marami na ring nangyari sa buhay ko nang wala siya. I graduated college, got into my dream airline, and reached my dreams together with my friends. I expected all those things to happen with him by my side but fate hindered us from doing so.

"This is your Captain speaking. Welcome onboard Flight 4B7 with service from Manila to Paris. We are currently third in line for take-off and are expected to be in the air in approximately seven minutes."

When we finally ensured the passengers' safety and made sure it was all ready to fly, the head flight attendant called me, "Bella. The announcement."

I smiled. I have been doing this for years. The crew entrusted me with doing most of the announcements because they said that my voice was the most suitable for the job and that my diction has always been clear.

"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. On behalf of the crew, I ask that you please direct your attention to the monitors above as we review the emergency procedures," I continued to announce all the safety measures and reminders needed for the flight.

"On behalf of the Captain and your entire crew, it is our pleasure to have you aboard. Enjoy your flight."

Maya-maya pa ay umupo na rin kami para sa take-off. Caden was the head captain for today and as expected from him, the take-off was smooth. It simply felt like we were driving on a smooth road because I didn't really feel anything while he drove the plane upwards.

Nagsimula na kaming umikot nang patayin ng piloto ang Fasten Seat Belt sign. The flight will be a sixteen-hour long trip so flight attendants, along with the pilots, will be working on shifts. I knew most of the employees I am with and I was so thankful for that. Kahit papaano ay mayroon akong mga kakilala at makakausap.

Mahirap na, 'no! At least I had someone to call in case I get stuck in a situation with him!

The flight was normal. I also worked as if Caden wasn't the one driving the plane. Pinagpasalamat ko pa na walang marereklamong mga pasahero dahil ayoko talaga ang mga ganoon. Maikli pa naman ang pasensya ko!

I had a lot of good friends in the airline simply because they said I was the one who looked so approachable during the job interview. Doon palang ay mayroon na nga akong ilang nakausap na aplikante rin.

Kanina rin ay muntik na akong ma-utusan magdala ng pagkain sa mga piloto ngunit dahil may tumawag sa aking pasahero, naipasa iyon sa iba. Nakahinga ako nang malalim sa iisipang naiwasan kong makita siya.