21

"Mom? What are you doing here?"

Caden spoke so slowly as he stared at his mother. He looked like he didn't expect his mother to show up in front of him... with Patricia.

I mean, I have already expected to meet his mother here since it was his hometown after all. Hindi ko lang inakala na ganito kaaga.

"Caden, I should be the one asking you that. Hindi mo sinabi sa aking pupunta ka dito." His mother walked closer to us while Patricia was just behind her.

He stood up and hugged his mother before saying, "Sorry, Mom. I just, uh, I had plans."

His mother raised an eyebrow, "Whatever. I'm here with Patricia. I hope you don't mind?"

"Mommy, I'm not alone." Caden was standing in front of me so I figured he was blocking his mother's sight of me. He stood on the side afterward, giving his mom a clear view of me.

Kinakabahan akong tumayo at pinilit ang sarili kong ngumiti nang maayos. "Hello po."

"You brought... a girl." She looked at me from head to toe. "Oh my god, are you Caden's girlfriend?"

Hindi ko alam ang isasagot kaya dahan-dahan akong tumingin kay Caden para humingi ng tulong. Malay ko ba anong sasagutin ko?! Hindi naman namin prinactice ang meeting the family, 'no!

"Mom, you're scaring her," Caden chuckled. "She's my girlfriend po. Her name is Bella."

I smiled a little, trying to read her emotions. Medyo seryoso pa ito noong una ngunit pagkatapos ng ilang segundo ay hinila niya ako para yakapin. "Bella! Finally!"

Nasa likod nito si Caden na nakatitig lang sa aming dalawa ng nanay niya. "You're choking my girlfriend."

Pinakalawan ako ni Tita at tinuon ang tingin sa anak, "Oh, come on. I heard a lot about her. Patricia told me."

Caden didn't answer before sitting down beside me. Magkatabi kami habang nasa harap naman namin si Patricia at ang nanay nito. "She did? What did she say?"

"Nothing much, son. She just told me about your girlfriend and how hard it was for you pursue this girl. Buti nalang nandito si Patricia dahil kung hindi, baka wala na talaga akong alam sa mga nangyayari sa buhay mo." Tumingin ito bigla sa akin. "Bella, right? How's my son doing? Is he treating you right?"

I gave her a smile, "Mabait naman po, Mrs. Gonzales. He's treating me well."

She gasped, "Really? Isn't he childish?"

"Mom," suway ni Caden.

"A bit clingy sometimes po but aside from that, he's an ideal boyfriend. You raised him well po," natawa ako nang kaunti.

"Caden, anak, would it be okay if you leave me with her some other day? We need time together," she requested.