Maybe We Can Get Along

Nyla
"Have fun girls" Nathan's mother said, as I put my shoes on. It's possible for me to have fun, after all I was never the one to start shit with her. She's always been the one to have a problem with me because I liked her brother. As long as she can get over her petty bs, we should be fine.

"Let's get this over with," Natalie said, clearly annoyed. Does she think I want to go on this 'trip' with her? Does she think I'm just dying to sit in a car with her and go God knows where? I fucking hope not because that's far from the truth.

"Nat" Nathan called out.

"Fine, I can't wait to spend time with my bestie" she said, smiling as fake as she possibly could. She grabbed Nathan's keys and walked to the car.

Nathan said that we have to be out for AT LEAST 3 hours. At first he said 8 but I told him he's pushing it. There's no way I was going to spend a whole shift with her.

"Please be nice," Nathan begged, pulling me in for a hug.

"I'm always nice, don't you know that?" I asked, as we pulled away.

"To me..., I don't know about everyone else" he chuckled.

"Not everyone is as cute as you" I shrugged.

"Natalie has his eyes. If you look close enough you'll see him" his mother said.

"I meant to give this to you by the way" I said, going into my purse. I pulled out my check book and started to write her a check for $10,000. It only felt right to give her some of the money. She did help me more than she could imagine, plus she gave birth to the love of my life.

"Nyla, what are you doing?!" She asked, as I handed it to her.

"Just consider it a Christmas gift" I smiled as she and Nathan looked at the check.

"Absolutely not!" She protested, trying to hand it back.

"I gotta go," I said, running out the door. She's just going to have to take the money and deal with it. I'm really grateful for her.

I ran out the door so fast I almost forgot what I was running to.

Natalie honked the horn really loud before yelling out the window. "Let go! I'm starting the timer!"

Kill me now!

I rolled my eyes and walked over to the car.

"I'm surprised you didn't just drive off," I said, putting on my seat belt.

"I thought about it, but I kinda live here" she said in a 'duh' tone.

She fucking should've.

"I honestly don't know what he's expecting" she sighed, pulling out the driveway.

"Me neither. He's just so much of a peacemaker" I said. It's almost impossible for someone to be that nice.

"Too fucking much. He like his peace, ya know? Jail doesn't equal peace" she shrugged.

"Clearly I know that" I said, looking out the window. I'm not entertaining her shit. We already had this conversation, fuck how she feels.

"Really? I couldn't tell by t-"

"I'm not going anywhere," I said, cutting her off. "Like it or fucking not I'm dating your brother"

"I wish you had a brother so I could go fuck him and give him my problems so you can see how I feel" she said, gripping the wheel.

"You know I don't want anything bad to happen to him right? I actually care about him and that's what you don't understand! You think I'm just fucking him and that's the problem, I love him" I stressed. After all this time, everything that we've been through, she still thinks I'm some whore!