Knock Knock, Who's There

Nyla
My eyes slowly opened when I felt warm hands rubbing up and down my back. I took in the warm smell of apples and smiled. Nathan always had a hint of apples on him, I found it comforting and inviting.

I stayed where I was, not moving an inch, just enjoying this moment with him. For just a second I felt so calm and cared for as he rubbed on me. I found a way to forget all of my problems for just a second. At this very moment I was happy and life was simple. Bonnie was laying in her bed, it was raining outside and the sound of it was so peaceful, his chest felt so nice and his hands felt so good. Why can't it stay like this forever? I wonder how long I've been sleep.

Suddenly his phone started to buzz. He moved a little and pulled his phone out of his pocket. I should just close my eyes and not look at his phone, but I can't help it. I looked at the time first, 2:27. I've been sleep for a few hours. Then I looked at his home screen.

It was him all dressed up in a light brown suit. His hair was in two strand twist and his large smile was on display. He looked so handsome, I wonder where he was going. 

He unlocked his phone and opened up his text messages. I scanned all of the names that was in his phone, it wasn't much, mostly family from what I see. I seen a few names that could be girls but nothing really caught my eye, thankfully.

He opened up his messages between Austin and him.

'Where are you Im at your house' Austin wrote.

I felt kinda bad, did he have plans with his friend? Then I snuggled deeper into his chest and didn't feel as bad.

'I don't think you'll ever believe me, but I'm over Nyla house' Nathan wrote back. Why wouldn't he believe it? I've been around for a little minute now. Why is our 'situation' or whatever you want to call it, so hard to believe?

'Stop the cap! You're probably out eating knowing you' Austin wrote. 

'I told you that you wouldn't believe me'  Nathan wrote, as he chucked a little.

'Because you're lying, show me proof' Austin said. Damn I hope my hair looks good right now for this picture he's going to take. I closed my eyes and tried to look as sleep as possible, when I didn't hear a camera I opened my eyes slightly.

To my surprise he didn't send him a picture or video, instead he just texted him.

'I'll just explain everything when I get home'

Why didn't he just take a picture of me? It's not like I'm not use to pictures. Did he not want to be seen with me? Is it because he thinks I'm a whore too?

He locked his phone and placed it on my coffee table.

He hugged me tighter and placed a kiss on the top of my head. His actions cleared some negative thoughts out my head and I just melted into his arms further.

It was quiet and perfect for a few minutes before once again a phone went off. This time it was mine. I didn't want to move, I just wanted to stay just like this forever.

Nathan grabbed my phone and Kyle was calling me. I rolled my eyes at his contact picture. It was his school photo from freshman year. He looked so cringy in his emoji outfit. What could he want? Nathan placed my phone back down and started to shake me a little.

No! Please don't wake me up, especially for Kyle! I'm so comfy!

"Nyla, your phone is ringing" he said, shaking me more.

After a few more shakes I excepted defeat and sat up a little. By this time Kyle called 2 times and I was over it. I grabbed the phone and declined his call. He hasn't called me in months, he can't possibly want anything.