"Being creative pt.1"

....Sooooooo...Remember when I made that chapter about self-inserts? Well, it turns out I hurt some people's feelings, and they were mad...like REALLY mad.

But you know, I try to stay positive and civil when it comes to this stuff. like my father says "if random people are mad about something you're doing then you must be doing something right" and you know what? he's right.

So yesterday I spent my whole night talking with a dude who felt like I attacked him with that chapter. He was the author that makes a lot of harem self-inserts, mostly of Kenshin impact, Nier automata and of course...my hero academia(shocking, I know), kinda like Flukey but at least flukey writing isn't bad....for the most part.

Apparently, I'm a loser because I critique other people's works and I'm not creative enough to even think about a premise for a story and I can't only do rants. Yes, a self-insert harem author called me uncreative, I'm having a hard time believing that.

So today we gonna prove him wrong, how? by writing some ideas I had yesterday when he asked me "Can you even think about a premise for a story?"

Now before we start I just wanted to let you guys know that like I said in the first chapter of this book. I'm not a professional writer, I'm just an average guy who spends way to much time on this website.

So let's go!

1-) When heroes aren't enough. (teaser)

"...This is Lani Washington for Channel 7 news" a voice from a woman echoed thrown a dark room, coming from a TV place right in the middle of it. "...It seems that the Vigilante had striked again, this time in the suburbs district. fifteen bodies were found inside a warehouse in the north part of the district, all shot in the head. Between the decease it was found the bodies of Martial hair and Tesla, two villains who were involved with the league of villains and were ready to start an attack at Union Academy. this is the third time this week that villains affiliated with the league of villains have been found dead, citizens of Musutafu are demanding a response from both the police and the pro-heroes. Wh-".

Suddenly the channel changed. showing a reporter looking at the screen.

" Thank you Jane, I'm outside the police department, where thousands of people are protesting," the woman said at loud as she could. " A few moments ago the chief of police Kenji Tsuragamae stated that he'll increase police patrols around the city and that he'll work together with ALL-MIGHT and the pro-heroes to apprehend the vigilante responsible for the slaughter in the suburbs district." The reporter tried to cover her ears as the screams from the people got, even more, louder "The news wasn't received well! the people are fighting one another! the reason bei-" 

Again the channel changed, showing two men discussing with one another, one in a black suit and the other in a black one. 

"thirty-seven were found dead just this week! by one man! and somehow there are people who are treating this psychopath as the second coming of Jesus!" the man in the white suit screamed at the other who in turn shook his head.

"Since this vigilante showed up, crime in this city has dropped by 85%! the streets have never been safer!" The man in the black suit stated.

"Safer because everyone is scared of being killed! How can the people of this city call this man a Saint when he terrorizes the streets!"

"This "Saint" is doing what the pro-heroes couldn't do in years. Taking down the league of villains and protecting this city! day after day we hear reports of people who have been saved by him, even supporting him in the fight against evil! The saint is a hero"

"HERO?! A HERO DOESN'T GO AROUND KILLING EVERYONE THAT COMMITS A CRIME! WHAT KIND OF EXAMPLE WILL HE BE?! WHAT WILL THE CHILDREN THINK WHEN THEY LOOK AT SOMEONE LIKE HIM?! DO YOU WANT YOUR CHILD TO HAVE A SERIAL KILLER AS SOMEONE THEY LOOK UP TO?!"

"...Funny for you to say that, seeing that a lot of children already do look up to him. The south part of the city, the most dangerous part of this city... shows nothing but support for him, thanks to him parents can go out of their houses with their children without having to worry about meeting a criminal. So tell me...if men like him exist...are heroes  truly necessary?"

....

Premise

Paul Jackson was a young man who lost everything. when he was young his parents, both scientists who helped with the research to evolve quirks were killed by a villain known as Giran who later was arrested. He spent most of his life in an orphanage, at the age of 18 he was forced to leave but thankfully he along with his best friend and girlfriend were able to find a place to stay and a job at a restaurant. two years later, the restaurant was attacked by Giran who managed to escape prison and tried to kill one pro-hero who was eating there. the restaurant was destroyed and in the explosion, Jackson's best friend and his girlfriend died.

After that day, his life fell apart and Jackson was consumed with sadness and depression...until one day, the day that it was announced that Giren escaped the prison with the help of a hero...Jackson snapped...the sadness turned into hatred...even without a quirk...with only a pistol in his hand...he promised himself that he would make the difference or die trying.

he promised himself that he would make the difference or die trying

What's this about?

Pretty much an insert story about a quirkless dude being a vigilante and hunting down the villains. The main objective of the story would be to create a conflict between the views of the characters, I always thought that BNHA was way too black and white so the conflict would create a gray area and it would affect all the characters in the story. in other words, Jackson's actions would make the citizens and heroes question the ways that the heroes deal with the villains and if people without quirks can be truly considered "harmless".

Also while I named the main character, that is just an example. if you like this premise and want to write a book about it then feel free to name MC whatever you want.

Inspirations

My hero academia(2016) , Batman: Arkham City(2011), Saints row(2006)

I have two more ideas but I'll write them later, thank you very much for reading this book and I hope to see you all in the next chapter.