| Thunderstorm and naps| Erwin X Reader

Requested by @skyfullastrs

For an entire month, the weather was consistent. In fact, you may call the past few days a heatwave. It's not like that was the issue, quite the contrary- because of the heat, Erwin and all your friends had taken a trip to a water park. Even Levi came, in surfer trunks- but nevertheless!- everyone had a great time.

However, last night a warning was issued, that a heavy rainstorm was on its way, the train and bus stations issued letters that they would be shut down temporarily due to it- like every year. All you could recall was scoffing at the dramatics and closing the television to get ready for bed.

Now it all seemed like a bad dream from underneath the office table, where you strongly huddled yourself. You didn't know what to focus on, the pounding of your heart or the violent rush of rain challenging you to doubt it again.

As painful as it was, you could only blame yourself for not believing it, you could have at least prevented this fear by selfishly begging Erwin to stay home. But the chance was gone, it disappeared the second you handed him his lunch and kissed his cheek goodbye. He himself asked if you'd be okay, but you brushed his worries off. Like an idiot.

It was torture, the cramped space and the thunder flashing blinding lights inside the dark of Erwin's office. How long will you have to endure this? How much more?!

A sudden thud of lightening forced a shriek out of you, your hands fumbling to cover your ears even though it barely helped. Before you knew it, a loud sob etched it way through your throat, the cold air whistling through your window brushed against the goosebumps on your bare arms.

All you could focus on was begging for it stop through mortified wails, through the clash of the skies, the wind slamming your window, the rain getting heavier the loud ring of the phone. Every bit of this chaos raged in your mind, dizzying your sanity further and further.

Ring ring

Thud!

Y/n!

Thud!

Hey Y/n!?

"Hey!"

Your eyes snapped open to the warmth deflating the cold bumps sore on your arms, a comforting scent of wood and the matured pages of a book. Erwin kneeled down to the cramped space underneath his desk, barely able to meet your eye level.

"Are you alright?" He asked in concern. "No!" You wept, "Make it go!"

After another clash in the clouds and a flash in the dim room caused you to pounce on him with a squeal. "Make it stop, 'win!" You sobbed, "We're g-gonna die!"

"Darling don't tell me you've been crying all this time because of a silly thunderstorm?"

"It's not! It's... it's scarier than that..." you sniffled, "You don't understand-AHH!"

"Shh, shh..." he whispered, his limp palm rubbing circles against your back, "The silly thunderstorm can't get you if I'm here, can it?"

You whimpered against the hot skin of his neck, "Not unless you get hit by it for me."
He chuckled, "What if I would? Would you calm down then?"

"No, I don't want either of us to get electrocuted."

"Is that so?"

You weakly nodded, nuzzling against the crook of his neck. The sounds muffled, all you could hear were the vibrations of his deep voice comforting you. "Alright..." he muttered, gazing around the darkened room. "You've chosen the worst room to hide in," he teased, "Right next to the garden."

"Sorry... I guess I just really needed to be in a cramped space... you know where it felt like you were there?"

"Oh Y/n," he sighed, combing through your hair with his fingers, "What am I to do with you? You cute little..."

"Mmm."

"Sleepy, baby?"

"A bit..."

Whilst muttering on about how it made sense with the way he found you sobbing like a baby, he helped you up on your two feet, shifting most of your body weight onto him as he guided you to the bedroom.

A few doors away, he finally scooped you off your feet. Most of what you had heard and flinched because of, became muffled from the thumping of Erwin's heart against your ear.

Before you could get used to the nice warmth of his embrace, he gently lowered you onto the plush mattress. Even whilst half asleep, you could hear unloosening his tie and undressing, probably into comfortable clothes.

The bedroom was less like the office in terms of noise, the sound of rain and thunder weren't as bad, perhaps due to the thicker windows, but whatever it was had lulled you to sleep.

At last the bed dipped, the small movements alerting you of your husbands return. "'Win..." you weakly reached out for him,
"Shhh baby- I'm right here, you just go back to bed." He engulfed you into the plush of his arms, his low murmuring fading away along with your consciousness.

Authors note

I haven't been painting often, just drawing and learning Turkish mostly- but here, an unedited one shot

Also it's been raining heavily in London so I am LOVING this. Rain and a good nap🥰🥰🥰

 Rain and a good nap🥰🥰🥰