||Fear||Erwin X reader

Title: Fear
You= Y/N Smith

"Sit your ass back down." You clasped onto Erwin's shoulder before he could leave the bed. Your eyes were squinted because of the ray of sun peaking in from the creases of the brown curtain.

He turned to face you, his cheeks red and eyes slightly bloodshot. You opened your lids fully to check if you were seeing it wrong.

His faced contorted in confusion as you crawled next to him and cupped his face, checking his eyes and forehead warmth. "Fuck you're burning up." You muttered, getting off the bed completely and tying up your hair up.

Before he could debunk whatever you said, you gripped his shoulders and forced him back down against the mattress. "Stay. I won't be long." You say, only releasing your grip when he nodded reluctantly.

You left to fill a bowl with cold water and grabbed a towel on your way, gently placing it on your bedside table. You could feel Erwin's eyes on you as you wet the towel and squeezed the water out of it.

He never liked it, he'd squirm and remove it when you weren't looking but this time you'd threaten him to not. "Y/N I have a lot of work to complete today"-

"Your health is more important." His ocean pools followed the folded towel in your hands, shutting his eyes tight once it fell against his forehead. "Now, don't move, I'll be right back." You gently rubbed his cheek and requested a smile by shooting him a soft grin.

Despite how cranky he seemed, he returned the gesture.

Satisfied, you went downstairs to the kitchen, checking if you had the right herbs for the tea you usually make when he has a fever. You frowned upon the discovery that you infact, did not have them.

Nothing left to do, you got ready in a rush and snatched your shoulder bag from the door hook, slinging it across your body and hopping back up the wooden stairs to tell your husband that you were going to be gone for a few minutes.

"Sweetheart"- you opened the door, finding him reading a book that you knew he wasn't supposed to.

Sighing, you strolled towards him and cleared your throat. Abruptly, he put the book down and met your gaze with a innocent look glinting in his eyes.

"Honey, I thought we spoke about this- if you get caught then"-

"I know, but it's worth the risk." You dramatically gasped at his words, cocking a brow. "Death?! I'd rather you stay a clueless fool than a dead man." You fought back, already knowing he wouldn't change his mind. Nothing was stronger than Erwin's curiousity

"I know darling," he paused, opening the book up again. "It's been years since I've been reading them, so I doubt anyone would find out now."

You groaned and gave up with a frown. "Be careful at least." He hummed a 'yes' in response, making you roll your eyes.

"Anyway, I'm going out for a short while." After wrapping the scarf you got from the closet around your shoulders you bent down to kiss his cheek. "If I find you in your office I'll punish you, okay?"

He chuckled and nodded his head obediently. "Good boy." You pinched his cheek and stood up right, waving at him one last time before closing the bedroom door behind.

For some reason, your stomach sank, as if something was creeping up on you. You ignored it, assuming it was your usual paranoia.

You smiled at the fresh air brushing against your skin, and went off in your journey, only thinking about Erwin and how reckless he could be sometimes.

However, you ignored all the downsides to him considering he married you. Before that, he'd say he didn't want to hurt you if he one day died. You didn't care and assured him it was worth the risk.

Somehow, he gave up struggling and decided to stay with you. Even though he can seem closed off sometimes, he does love you. More than you could imagine.

At last you got to the market and bought the few herbs you needed, sighing in the middle of the crowded area.

You had to be careful here. Since everyone has some kind of anger issues, even bumping into them can get you screamed at. Luckily you avoided them all, wiping the little sweat on your forehead.

Before you could continue walking on home however, one of your best friends was running towards you at full speed, panic in their voice as they wailed your name. "Y/N!" Petra stumbled in front of you, holding onto her knees as she panted for breath.

Your lips curled upwards in delight to see her on such an unfortunate day. "Petra, how have you be"-

"Not now Y/N! There's officers going towards your house holding weapons!! I think they know about Erwin!"

That smile had vanished before a second could pass, you thanked her in a rush and hastily sprinted off in the direction of your house, only thinking of the worst case scenarios.

'He was reading one of those illegal books right before I left... Damn it I should have hidden them!!!' You cursed in your head, your chest and stomach aching from the constant running.

But you couldn't stop, not until you figured out he was okay and untouched. You couldn't handle another scare. He always scared you, everytime he left on a mission, anytime you could see him studying something the government didn't him to know about!

At last, in front of your door, you tripped before you could insert the key, picking yourself back again with your hands shaking.

Your heart stopped at the realisation that the door was already open and inside, the entire house was a mess. Broken chairs, the sofa completely torn apart- everything was everywhere.

"ERWIN! ERWIN ARE YOU"- you kicked open every door, "ARE YOU IN HERE?!" You then skipped up the stairs and rammed into your bedroom, yet the bed was completely empty, matress flipped over, bedside table broken and the mirror smashed.

That didn't matter, not to you at least. You just needed to find him, with a beating pulse. Your breath got caught in your throat as you came down to the last room you hadn't searched- his office.

"Oh my god!" You knelt next to the blonds unconscious body, his back against the wall and his legs sprawled out. His forehead was glistening with sweat and his lips were slightly pale.

You checked his pulse and cried in relief when you could feel it tapping against your fingers.

Not caring about the torn up paper that scattered messily around the room or the table with a missing leg, you embraced him. Your eyes prickled and your nose is tingled, sniffling to keep your tears away.

"Y/n?" He mumbled, stirring slightly. "I-I thought you were gone." Your voice cracked. Lips forcefully carving into a frown.
"What did I tell you?!" You shrieked against his shoulder, finally sobbing.

"Y/n"- he kept quiet, his arms going around you and seating you on his lap where you buried your face in his chest. "You're alive that's all that matters." You whispered to both him and yourself.

"They didn't find any evidence on me." He finally spoke, "But I have a feeling they'll come back soon."

Building up the courage you had left, you glanced up at him with your eyebrows furrowed. "Huh? How did you even hide those books?"

"Remember, the wall?" You let out a small 'oh'. The wall next to his top shelf in the library was camoflauged, so he could open it up and hide whatever he wanted in there.

You nodded and nestled yourself back in his arms. "I'll get up and clean in a few minutes but first..." you wrapped your arms around his torso, trying to forget any other outcome this could've had.

"I'll make it up to you... I'm sorry"- he brushed your hair gently with his fingers. "Yeah right I had a fucking heart attack because of you." You grunted against him, keeping your hold tight around his weary body.

Authors note:
Guys I admit this is probably the worst oneshot scenario ever. Like I was cringing while writing.

Sorry if it's bad I literally came up with it during my exams😭

Thanks for requesting, hope you enjoyed💕