• Malec shot • Cooking is an art, not a science •

Red lipstick, tight red shirt and tight black jeans combining with her high heels. Isabelle couldn't be prouder of her outfit.

-Where are you going? A date?

Out of the blue, her brother was leaning against the door frame, arms crossed, watching his sister quite confused, but curious.
Normally, and unlike him, she wore gorgeous outfits, but Alec had no idea that his sister was having a date.

-As much as I would love to, no. -She looked at him through the reflection of the mirror, while making sure her lashes were perfect. -Remember that cooking course I saw on the internet?

-Yeah but...

-I applied for it! Isn't it great? -She turned around, a wide smile while watching her big brother and tying her black and dense hair in a ponytail.

Was Izzy Lightwood really doing that? When she told Alec the previous day, he couldn't have imagined she would really do it, and he was concerned.
Not for her, but for the other people from the course.

-Oh... Yeah, it's awesome. -He had to force a smile. No it wasn't awesome, it was going to be a disaster. -But you'll be cooking, your clothes are gonna get dirty. -And that would be the least of her problems.

-Oh, do not worry, I planned everything.

From a drawer that was next to her bed, Isabelle took something that showed Alec as soon as he approached.

-I found them in the kitchen, not very cool, but I'll buy others soon.

Two black aprons were what Isabelle was holding, making Alec believe that maybe, she was serious about the course.
Still, it was a crazy idea.

-Oh... So you'll better go or you'll be late... Maybe I can drive you there and...

-You better say "us".

Alec watched in confusion, until Isabelle showed him her mobile phone.

-I booked the course for both of us! Siblings learning together! -She pinched Alec's cheek, grinning. -Well, I got a discount if I brought someone, but anyway, let's go.

Not letting Alec to say a word, she held his wrist after giving him the aprons and taking her bag.
He was still astonished, wondering if he could have escaped if he had reacted before.

...

In no way, shape or form, that could be possible, that had to be a nightmare.
Alec Lightwood wearing an apron, waiting for the teacher to come as Isabelle talked to everyone in the course, failing in her attempts to make Alec talk to.

He hated cooking, and he hated people, so being there wasn't precisely the most pleasant thing in the World.

-Look, Izzy, we need to talk.

Even if telling the truth was dangerous, he had too. He could bear an angry Isabelle, not another minute in that place where people just came to flirt instead of learning.

By the time Izzy payed attention to her big brother, the door opened and a boy, maybe their age: twenty-something, entered the room.

Spiky hair, earrings, purple make-up combining his shoes and apron, which had golden "MB" letter embroidered at the right. Multiple rings decorated his fingers and he was wearing elegant black clothes.

Everyone was speechless, except Alec, who just thought he was another participant, one that would probably get along well with Isabelle, since they both decided to wear something that was clearly not made for cooking.

-Oh God... That guy... He's hotter than this kitchen... -Muttered Isabelle, biting her lower lip, staring at the boy clearly amazed, just like the rest.