Shumdario shot - Shadowhunters fall in love once

• This is fiction, if you don't like it block or ignore •

Shadowhunters fall in love once, even though they are separated from that special person or they try to bottle up feelings ⬇️

The last time they saw each other was a total disaster. Four years had passed and still, Harry thought about it.

"I'm sorry... I think you misunderstood me... I... I don't have those type of feeling for you. I love you, of course I do... But not in that way."

He remembered every single word Matt told him, four years and they continued burning like fire. Harry felt stupid, maybe he had been too reckless, maybe he shouldn't have confessed those feelings.
They talked from time to time, Matt promised to continue their friendship, and he kept that promise. Harry could bear not being his boyfriend, but not loosing him for good.
Despite that, texting wasn't enough.
Harry was in L.A working on a new project, Matt was there too.

-Hey, Matt, what's up? I'm in L.A, just arrived couple of hours ago. Wanna go for a coffee?

After sending that, Harry stared at the screen, he didn't expect Matt to answer, but he did.

-Hey! Yeah, sure. I'll send you the direction of my favourite place. You'll love it.

That made Harry feel over the moon and took him less than a minute to go to his room and get ready.
On the other hand, Matt didn't know what to believe, he answered barely thinking about it, the moment he knew Harry was in L.A, he felt the impulse to accept that coffee... Date?
His heart started beating faster, remembered those words.

"I love you, I knew since the very first moment I saw you... I want us to be together, I'm not joking, it's not a one day think. Maybe we could figure this out, together".

Those beautiful words were stucked up in his head, Harry's dark and brilliant eyes looking just at him, opening his heart... And Matt tearing it into pieces.
He still felt guilty, everytime they texted and pretended everything was normal, he knew Harry was hurting.
Now Harry was in the same city and in few hours they'll be seeing each other again.
Harry arrived to the cafeteria first and decided to order his coffee, and Matt's favourite one.
Five minutes later, Matt was there too. He looked for Harry, deeply inhaling, and saw him.
He was sitting next to the window, on his phone.
Matt could spend hours just looking at him, he got used to it, to secretly admire Harry, to get lost in his face, but of course, he wouldn't admit it. Little did he know that Harry did the same, that fondly stared too.
Avoiding visual contact was the key, they knew their eyes betrayed them.

-Hi, Harry... -When the words came out, Matt surprised himself.

Instantly, Harry turned, stood up and looked at Matt, speechless.

"He has not changed at all" -Both thought.

-Matt, hi... -Harry spoke softly, trying not to shake.

-How's everything going? You alright?