please read this real quick if you're interested in story updates

hey i know it's been a long while :)

usually when i write announcements, it's for progress updates and what not. i debated for a while whether to make this an official announcement or not but i think it's best to at least update this book after what feels like months of neglecting this (especially if you're for some reason keeping up with my works what are you doing with your time /j)

but in reality, i don't think my progress updates are ever accurate. there may be a pinch of truth that i'm off a writer's block (for this book, i currently have unrevised drafts up to chapter 33) but then i'm back on it again and don't know what to do with myself except go about life and hope to get struck over the head with creative motivation to keep pushing forward.

well i've been waiting for what feels like long enough and that motivation has not come back after lucky chapter 33. i'm scared it won't come back for a while but i know it will. when? i have no clue.

so i guess to wrap this up so i don't have to vent about what it's like being a somewhat dedicated wattpad author, i don't have energy or motivation at the moment to write anything but this very update. i'm currently trying my best to take care of myself and just go on with my life outside of the chaos that the internet has to offer.

i don't know how long i'll be on break but let's just say it will probably be for a while — a very un-estimated amount of time.

don't worry though! like i've emphasized in the past, i have many plans for books. after this book, i don't know which book i wanna write but all i know is that i've definitely grown out of my yandere phase. i think yandere content is a bit questionable but it was still a good place for me to start. gardener was an insane surprise, and i'm glad that my writing and creative decisions only improved from there — so much so to the point where i'm satisfied with what writing style i have.

i know for a fact i'm capable of writing an engaging book and having good feedback on it (thanks to you guys) so that's all that matters. i have plans for the future on this app and also on ao3. i just don't know where to go right now.

so don't think of this as a goodbye note or a discontinuation of dsmp books. just think of it as food_truck22 being on hold. this probably doesn't affect your life at all but it does tear at my heart a bit to not be writing when i really want to.

🚛 food_truck22
—— for the unforeseeable future where more spectacular books will be written (and perhaps a damn good screenplay)

- 3 september, 2022
i love you guys /p
thank you for all you've done as readers
please continue reading, goofing off, and taking care of yourself
and to future authors out there, don't be afraid to take time. don't feel the need to spit out chapter after chapter whether you're writing because you wanna write or because you wanna become a famous author outside of wattpad. quality comes from time.