chapter i : caution tape

│   ◢◤◢◤ TW: gore/dead body
  ◢◤ s/c - skin color, h/c - hair color

└——————— - [ 📼 ]. +
w.c.: 1.6k+

→→→ august 14, 2063

→→→ august 14, 2063.
→→ third person.

— ❝ -From the tambourine! ohhh yeah! ❞

as dancing queen played on the radio — at a lower volume as to not disturb the woman's sleeping husband in the passenger seat — she jammed out with a grin on her face, hands tapping at the steering wheel while she sang along in harmony, the air smelling like nostalgia.

♬   you can dance!

you can jive!   ♬

upon viewing the radio tethered to the middle of the dashboard, the time read 1:13 am. the car continued cruising down the empty road, the woman having her own personal concert while driving home after a long trip.

♬   having the time of your life...

oooooh~   ♬

the woman's eyes trailed off as her headlights seemed to catch a glimpse of an animal prancing about, awaiting at the edge to cross the road as if there was a crosswalk light. when reaching for the volume wheel on the radio, slowly lowering the song with her fingers, she lightly pressed on the brake and began to park the car to the side of the road.

♬   see that girl~

watch that scene!

digging the dancing queen~   ♬

Agnetha and Anni-Frid's vocals faded away as the woman then stepped out and closed the door, circling to the passenger end of the car and cautiously advancing towards the animal in the dead of night.

it was a deer, and the woman happened to be a veterinarian. she frowned, noticing how the deer's movements seemed to be unnatural. it kept standing around and twitching its head instead of sprinting away or staring at car headlights like it usually does. when it sensed her presence, it seemed to gallop, as if ready to sprint away, until it collapsed. the woman let out an audible gasp, eyes widening and heart clenching at the site of the poor animal. she hurriedly made her way over to the deer, trying her best to calm down her nervousness and not scare the possibly injured animal.