chapter xv : back off

│   ◢◤◢◤ TW: mentions of torture, relationship drama🙄

└——————— - [ 📼 ]. +
w.c.: 2.4k+

→→→ flashback scene

→→→ flashback scene.
→→ f/n's pov.

— the familiar, undisturbed, nighttime breeze flowed upon the land, swaying the vines draping from the walls, old spray paint staying right where it was.

quackity and i were sitting at the edge, laying on our backs while our legs were dipped into the bowl of abandoned pool. music played lowly in the background, our own voices sometimes chattering, sometimes staying quiet. it felt comfy.

after a long period of silence between us, quackity split the air apart with his words.

"hey n/n?" his voice was slightly raspy from exhaustion overcoming him, and the way he spoke was at a slower pace.

"yeah?"

"you should hangout with me and karl sometime."

at the mention of the boy's name, my eyes slowly fluttered open, reflection twinkling within the small hole in the roof that displayed the night sky.

i didn't dare speak for a short moment. the silence probably lasted for only two seconds max, but those seconds to me felt like a lifetime.

karl. we haven't spoke to each other after the night we hung out roughly a week ago. i still remember the way he held me and carried me to shore.

›› we both gathered our stuff and went back in his car, this time going in the backseat. he placed me down on my back and we continued kissing, no one breaking apart the way our lips molded perfectly against one another.

when he dropped me off at the condominium parking lot, he even apologized for not asking for consent earlier. what a sweetheart he is. . . but he's someone else's boyfriend.

"yeah. we should." i replied in the same tone, turning my head ever so slightly against the floor and seeing quackity do the same. when he met my eyes, he smiled at me with that little glimmer in his eyes that he gets whenever he's happy.

when he turned away, closing his eyes again, the feeling of shame settled in the pit of my belly, getting drowned by stomach acid. it bubbled and fizzed and made my insides twist until i felt the dread of carrying a burden. it felt like it was weighing down my shoulders, my mood, and everything which held up my back.