chapter xii : sound of your voice

│   ◢◤◢◤ TW: slightly possessive/obsessive behavior
        ◢◤   f/d - favorite drink

└——————— - [ 📼 ]. +
w.c.: 1.4k+

→→→ short flashback

→→→ short flashback.
→→ third person.

— laughter filled the air, karl's giggles being the most prominent. the damp air didn't embrace the tight knit friend group as much as their towels did, water dripping on the tiled floor.

"hey guys! just to let you know we're closing soon."

hurried footsteps writhed in melodic seasoning, mixing in with a harmony of rising, non-stop chatter.

these footsteps patted against the hallway floors, atmosphere switching from clammy and sticky to goosebump-inducing with chilly air from some distant ac out of the visitors' observance.

some more water still dripped on the floor but it wasn't as much as back at the pool. everyone was beginning to dry off.

in front of the string of chaotic boys, f/n had their towel draped around both shoulders, reaching up to wipe their h/c hair. karl and bad decided to run up to the front, catching up to them and trudging on either side of them.

"hey muffin! this was really fun. we should do this again sometime!"

"yeah!" karl cheered bad on in agreement, the two boys speaking out with short breaths. f/n's eyes flickered between the two, seeing the faces of two different breeds of puppies staring at their owner with stars in their eyes. f/n chuckled at this and reached up to both of their wet heads, ruffling their already messed up locks.

"i couldn't agree more." they affirmed, the long hallway coming to an end as the group reached the lobby.

"yeah. they started to hangout with us a lot more over the course of summer break."

"doing what?"

quackity shrugged himself off, manspreading under the table while slightly sinking back into his chair.

"coming over to our house, meeting at coffee shops and amusement parks, hanging out one on one. i can't say for certain what they were doing with other people but i can tell you about my side."