chapter vi : daily routine from bird's eye

│ ◢◤◢◤   TW: mentions of drugs/cigarettes
◢◤ f/b/f - favorite breakfast food

└——————— - [ 📼 ]. +
w.c.: 2.6k+

→→→ thursday, march 23, 2063

→→ third person.
♥ events up to this point now lead up to the death date: august 14, 2063.

— ringing sounded throughout the black space of the universe that lost its stars. there was barely anything visible if one's eyes weren't adjusted correctly.

brief shuffling and a small groan is heard before the phone was turned over, its screen lit up — finally a rectangle of brightness — showing two options: stop or snooze.

the hand that reached towards the nightstand chose stop, making the alarm forever disappear into the abyss of their phone. the time read 7:07 am. that was enough time for them to get ready.

as they stretched out all their yawns, the door opened and footsteps patted the hallway. another door opened. the light switch turned on, revealing a simplistic bathroom of decent size, a basic whip cream-colored counter for the sink top.

f/n walked up to the mirror and examined themself for a second, seeing their disheveled h/c hair, very slight indents of eye bags, and some invisible trail of crusted saliva at the side of their lip. they were glad they've been getting sleep lately.

they opened the bathroom mirror to retrieve a toothbrush and toothpaste, beginning their routine with the twist of a sink faucet and spit mixed with toothpaste and water that went swirling down the drain.

after they were done putting on fresh clothes and applying some more hygienic products, they gathered their stuff in a purse and trekked out into their living room, eyes scanning for something else to do. they turned on their phone to check the time. 7:22. on time.

they decided that they'd catch up on breakfast at 04seven, swinging their lanyard with clinking keys at the end of it, closing and locking the door of their condo behind them.

they navigated towards the elevator down the hall, pressing the button and watching it light up. as they waited for a few seconds, the silver elevator doors finally separated, opening with a bell-like ding. they entered inside the space and hastily pressed the button for the lobby.

when the door closed and the cube descended, they finally opened again, this time to the familiar hallway of floor 1. f/n stepped out and observed around the hallways, liking the feeling of it looking abandoned.