chapter v : a husband's pockets

│ ◢◤◢◤   TW: obsession, mentions of domestic abuse

└——————— - [ 📼 ]. +
w.c.: 1.4k+

→→ third person

→→ third person.

— as her hand gripped the doorknob, agatha took a deep breath, preparing for the next person to interrogate.

"so i've been told about your relationship with f/n."

agatha watched sapnap's muscles slightly tense, shoulders going up to signify a sharp intake of breath.

"how was it from your perspective?"

sapnap's foot began to bounce at such a simple question, a smile slowly crawling up on his face as he thought about all the happy times he had with f/n.

"it was.. amazing... really amazing. i've never loved anyone like that." agatha could tell by the slight change in his tone of voice, and how soft he went with a little tint of pink splashing onto his cheeks that he was speaking the truth. he was talking about the passion of being in love.

"f/n taught me how to express myself like no other. i swear like when i say i've never met anyone like them, i've truly never met anyone like them. and they loved me back as well. they showed me through little gifts and kisses and.. it was just.. amazing." he rambled on, shutting up as he realized he was smiling too much and had to compose himself.

"so why did you split apart?"

the question suddenly drained him of color within his skin, his expression dropping into a saddened one — the same one he remembers when reminiscing on the night f/n broke up with him. his eyes wavered, looking side to side at the tabletop and then back up at agatha.

"i- i don't know." he stuttered out, watching the detective quirk her eyebrow in suspicion.

"they sort of just told me one night and i- i thought we were doing so well.. but i guess everything i did wasn't enough... or maybe they were going through a lot back then."

"like what?" she questioned, trying not to get to show eagerness or detail-hunger.

she watched sapnap swallow a lump in his throat and stay quiet, eventually sighing and staring down at his hands in his lap. agatha frowned at this reaction. "so he's hesitant. that doesn't mean he won't budge." she thought.