chapter xi : lost and found

│ ◢◤◢◤   TW: allusions to stalking, drug usage

└——————— - [ 📼 ]. +
w.c.: 1.9k+

→→→ april 12, 2063

→→→ april 12, 2063. end of the semester.
→→ third person.

— april 12. the big day for colleges and universities in Greater Manastead. it was the great end of the first semester for many who didn't have busy schedules, which meant a long and sweet summer break.

the air outside had its humidity but also a delicate beauty to it. the sun was a diamond and the city its jewelry case filled with giddy college students.

once the bell went off, doors flung open and loud footsteps and voices flooded the hallways. karl met up with sapnap and quackity, standing beside sapnap and jumping up and down with one arm around his boyfriend and the other clutching his notebook that he'll probably never use again.

when the boys reunited in the van, they all went home knowing that they were gonna have another summer blast..

especially with f/n.

that name got brought up frequently actually.

they were all thinking the same things: having nights out with campfires and s'mores and prank calling, late night drives, visiting the piers and amusement parks, hitting up the club, maybe even vacationing to other districts. . . oh and definitely going swimming. maybe they could find a water park-

point was, they all planned on having fun. the atmosphere felt more joyful during the summer. maybe it was because of the extra boost of sunlight which provided vitamin D and serotonin. or maybe it was because everyone was with their best friends and their soulmates, turning their heads into the backseats of the van every which way to be faced with love and love only.

everything felt like a heartwarming dream.

there was one particular boy who felt like an outsider to all of this though: the spotlight would shine on quackity.

like everyone else, he appreciated his friends — his soulmates. all of them platonic as he was the only single one in the group — but he still felt like there was something missing. something that he's been craving. and he didn't quite know if it was a romantic or a platonic dilemma.