chapter ii : the flirty mechanic

│   ◢◤◢◤ TW: drugs (not being used in the way you would think)
      ◢◤ h/l - hair length, e/c - eye color
   ◢◤ yes you will learn how to fix a car battery using drugs (this is a real thing)

└——————— - [ 📼 ]. +
w.c.: 5.4k+

→→→ beginning of summer, 2062

→→ third person flashback to one year ago.

— skeppy belted his heart out to AC/DC blasting on the radio, making bad laugh next to him all the way in the very backseat of the van. in the middle row in front of them, karl, quackity, and george had some extra space as they let down their seats and quackity put down a small round table, the trio playing texas hold'em with cards, pen, and paper since they didn't have poker chips to track their bets.

meanwhile, sapnap and dream sat in the front — sapnap driving and dream in the passenger seat. the two of them sometimes chattered and most of the time they stayed in comforting silence, dream staring out the window at attractions the car passed by and occasionally being sapnap's gps.

they were on a road trip to their new house where the boys were gonna live in for the rest of uni. they all decided to pitch in their money for rent and agreed that their college experience might be better living together in one house rather than dormitories. oh and did i mention that they were all going to college for the first time? they were attending at a university in Poliska City.

once they reached the city, they were planning to spend the summer getting used to the place and seeking out tourist attractions while their culture shock would still be in the honeymoon phase. after all, they didn't know how long everyone would stay at the rental mansion. they all agreed that they were definitely renting out the place for however long their college years would last, and each person is partaking in different majors.

besides rent, everyone is paying for themselves and had different intentions in college. everyone was betting on quackity's heart set on being a lawyer, bad's law classes spiced with criminology, and dream's coding skills that either of the three would be the first ones to be out of the house with high paying jobs except if skeppy actually intends to put his economics major to use.

on the greatest instance of them all, dream was brought out of his thoughts as he heard sapnap scrambling around in the drivers seat. he witnessed sapnap turn down the music, everyone slowly easing into silence as the car's engine was audibly giving out. "shit." sapnap cursed under his breath, squeezing the steer wheel with white knuckles as he safely pulled over to the side of the road.